Your favorite non-poly DB stack pistol ???

Sure_Shot

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
Thinking about doing something dumb and trading off a pair of my glocks for something quality in an all metal frame. Getting away from the worshiped poly stuff. Don't ask why. Guess I just want something different.

Want something in 9mm and double stack only. Something midsized or a little smaller. Glock 19/23 size. Something I could CCW if I felt like it.

Question is, I'm not sure what to get. HK, CZ, Baby Eagle, Sig...

What's your favorite non poly pistol and why?

Browning Hi-Power 9mm.

It fits my hand like a dang glove and I shoot it really well. The update to the Hi-Power, the Browning BDA is better for carry though and can be switched to DA/SA or DAO with a magazine lip. These were discontinued and normal capacity magazines are rare and expensive.

I like the stainless steel Smith and Wesson 5906 too. These can be found easily and normal capacity magazines are easy on the pocket.

Ed's Pawn still has some 5906 police trade in guns for $250.

Last edited:
Second on the Hi-Power.

I have the FEG clone and she's a great shooter. A lot cheaper if you're not sure you want to commit the dough on the real deal.

Attachments

• Pistolas 055.jpg
    Pistolas 055.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 14
This is probably gonna be a really weird one, but a Ruger P89... It's like the AK of pistols. I had one that I got in '94 and didn't clean until '04 and it NEVER had a hiccup and was as accurate as was.

This is probably gonna be a really weird one, but a Ruger P89... It's like the AK of pistols. I had one that I got in '94 and didn't clean until '04 and it NEVER had a hiccup and was as accurate as was.

Reliable, accurate, and uglier that a ************. It was the first centerfire pistol I purchased after I turned 21. Finally sold it a few years later because it made me sick to look at it. lol

Back
Top Bottom