Your Favorite Rimfire Rifle

I ordered new bolt buffers from Midway for the model 75 and my 922m magnum. They arrived yesterday. Had some time to mess with them this morning so I got the 75 apart. Gave it a good cleaning (it wasn't as bad dirty as I feared), installed the new buffer, reassembled it then loaded up some CCI mini mags and went out back and tried it. Shot and cycled flawlessly.

I also changed out the scope to a UTG 4x28 shortie I had in my parts stash. I really like this rifle!

View attachment 2204274
That's not a super touch job, but there is a trick to changing that out quickly. Hope you found it. I've changed on before where the old one had pieces all over the place inside the trigger and even caused the bolt to jam open a time or two. Totally shattered from too many rounds! LOL

That's not a super touch job, but there is a trick to changing that out quickly. Hope you found it. I've changed on before where the old one had pieces all over the place inside the trigger and even caused the bolt to jam open a time or two. Totally shattered from too many rounds! LOL
I watched a couple of you tube videos before I started. I used a couple of zipties to hold things together, removed the two tiny c clips then the side plate. Changed out the buffer, replaced the side plate, c clips and then cut the zipties off. Pretty easy. The old buffer was in pretty good shape, not broken or deformed. It did have noticeable wear where the bolt had been hitting. I just figured a 50+ year old rifle could use a new one. The gun really had less wear than I was expecting. Feed ramp was in good shape. Mostly it just needed a good cleaning, not gummed up just caked up powder residue.

I own a 10/22 and a marlin 795. I admit I like the 795 more. I’ve put about 1,000 rounds through it. You can obviously customize a 10-22 way more. Eventually I’m going to have the 795 threaded for ****s and giggles. I wish they made a bull barrel for it. Maybe they do and I just don’t know yet.

Here’s my 795 with a el cheapo RDS and bipod.

B2850822-10CA-42FA-AD2A-3EF188FEBAA4.jpeg

I own a 10/22 and a marlin 795. I admit I like the 795 more. I’ve put about 1,000 rounds through it. You can obviously customize a 10-22 way more. Eventually I’m going to have the 795 threaded for ****s and giggles. I wish they made a bull barrel for it. Maybe they do and I just don’t know yet.

Here’s my 795 with a el cheapo RDS and bipod.

View attachment 2205835
Marlin made the model 7000 & 7000T which were heavy barrel versions of the 795. I think they are no longer in production.

Marlin made the model 7000 & 7000T which were heavy barrel versions of the 795. I think they are no longer in production.

That’s a bummer if they don’t. I’ll have to look into it. I know marlin, as of late, hasn’t had the best reputation since freedom group took over but this 795 has worked perfectly.

That’s a bummer if they don’t. I’ll have to look into it. I know marlin, as of late, hasn’t had the best reputation since freedom group took over but this 795 has worked perfectly.
From what I can find on rimfirecentral.com marlin stopped producing the 7000 in 2004. Still see them for sale occasionally on GB, or if you’re lucky a LGS or pawn shop. I don’t have personal experience with them, but they are reported to be very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom