Your Favorite Rimfire Rifle

My favorite is my Springfield SAR3 with HK G3 .22 conversion kit installed, SG1 scope mount with Nikon 2.5-10x44 scope and M4-1000 suppressor.

Like a .22 caliber G3/SG1 and its the quietest .22 I've heard, weighs about 10 pounds, so doesn't move, cycled CCI subsonics when clean, and using a friends registered sear pack, ran near 900-950 rpms on full auto. All that and it's as accurate as my Savage FVSR.

Wait... I'm confused. Are you supposed to clean a 10/22 and a model 60? Really?
My brother bought a model 60 at an auction years ago. Brought it home and tried to shoot it. The bolt wouldn’t go forward when tried to cycle by hand, had to push the bolt handle to get it into battery. He then tried to shoot it and the bolt stuck open. He brought it to me to see if I could fix it. When I took it apart the inside of the receiver, bolt and trigger group was thoroughly gummed and caked up with unburnt powder and general nastiness. Let it soak overnite in Hoppes and cleaned it and it functioned perfectly. Obviously it had NEVER been cleaned.

I've bought more than a few JC Higgins (High Standard) rifles over the years that shot like a dream. Ate anything and everything I put into them without a hitch. Finally took them apart to clean them and what I found made me wonder how they EVER worked at all... But they did!

My first gun was an early 1950s Mossberg 142A given to me 50 years ago this month. Still have it, and it holds sentimental value, but my Marlin 99C made in 1966 is my all time favorite. With a Spee-D-17 it is laugh out loud fun. Plus, the walnut stock and decent bluing give it feel of quality and craftsmanship.

This 10/22.
ea33bb8efecb576780c266884e164d87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom