• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your Opinion on a Single Shot 22lr Rifle

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a single shot 22lr rifle for some discrete rodent control. I figure I could use 22 shorts with a single shot. I saw this one and it looks like a
bare-bones rifle. Do you know anything about these Chiappa Little Badger rifles?

1651524659030.png

I have been thinking about getting a single shot 22lr rifle for some discrete rodent control. I figure I could use 22 shorts with a single shot. I saw this one and it looks like a
bare-bones rifle. Do you know anything about these Chiappa Little Badger rifles?

View attachment 4248108
I know it looks uncomfortable as hell.

That looks to be a folding or takedown pack rifle/survival rifle (like an AR-7)

https://www.academy.com/p/savage-mark-ii-fv-sr-22lr-threaded-centerfire-rifle ignore that it says "centerfire". It is most certainly a rimfire.

Depending on the "rodent" that you're after, 22 Magnum or 17 HMR would be a better, much more potent choice

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Does that Chiappa have a pic rail behind the trigger guard? I guess to put a grip on it? Strange. Might be sort of neat to try putting a Magpul AFG on it, though.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

The official critter gitter in our household is a Rossi youth 22, with a Simmons 22Mag 4x on top. With CCI standard velocity rounds, at any reasonable range for those, puts the lead where the crosshairs are aimed. Simple. Reliable. Just plain works.

They aren’t bad… threaded and can take short or long. For the money it would get the job done. I’ve only shot mine a few times… but yeah for $100 more you could get a 10/22…

If all you plan to shoot is 22 shorts, you will need to make a perfect shot if you use anything other than small game loads like CCI 22 short hp's or Remington Golden bullet 22 shorts. They are louder than you think they should be out of a 18 to 22 inch barrel. They are acceptable out of a 24 inch barrel. The CCI 22 short hp is a nasty little round.

Back
Top Bottom