• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your restorations….

Your work speaks for itself. Looks top notch to me. But let’s lean this post a little more towards the amateurs, please sir. I know that’s asking a lot when most of us have to hire out a lot of the finishing work to the pros like you.
I'm still an amateur, especially with the wood refinishing. Any monkey with the time and patience can cerakote.

Woodworking is a whole different animal. I really only take on projects that just need refinishing.
I don't attempt to fix cracked stocks, or checkering, or perfectly mating a new stock to the receiver, I leave that to the pros.

I inherited my Dad’s old Marlin .22 many years ago with a broken stock, scope, and trigger group. I got to missing him really bad last year so I decided to rebuild her into a shooter. I modified a model 60 stock to fit and the scope was toast but I found a similar one from that time period.

The cool thing about this was when BIKER13 BIKER13 made us a knife and he used the wood from my Dad’s broken gun stock for the scales :thumb:

I'm still an amateur, especially with the wood refinishing. Any monkey with the time and patience can cerakote.

Woodworking is a whole different animal. I really only take on projects that just need refinishing.
I don't attempt to fix cracked stocks, or checkering, or perfectly mating a new stock to the receiver, I leave that to the pros.

You did an amazing job on my 16 gauge single shot! If I can find pics, I’ll post them. It looks better than new! No before pics but it was beat up and been through a house fire. I’ve killed many squirrels with this and will proudly pass it to my son!

Attachments

• IMG_2803.jpeg
    IMG_2803.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom