• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your thoughts on suppressor a for hunting.

Why in Gods name would it become mandatory? Just because things are legal is not anywhere close to forcing them on people.

Not to mention the govenment is not exactly to excited about the expansion of suppressors in civilian hands, I doubt it would ever be brought up as a forced item.

I support it, poachers are already breaking the law and Class III owners are well proven law abiding citizens.

Why in Gods name would it become mandatory? Just because things are legal is not anywhere close to forcing them on people.

Not to mention the govenment is not exactly to excited about the expansion of suppressors in civilian hands, I doubt it would ever be brought up as a forced item.

I support it, poachers are already breaking the law and Class III owners are well proven law abiding citizens.

Exactly what he said.

There are great benefits to the use of suppressors. Noise pollution reduction particularly for hunters that hunt on small acreage. You don't disturb/freak out the neighbors. The health benefit of not damaging your hearing while shooting.

I haven't read it but I guess I've never had the need. Im sure there are valid reasona. If someone is shooting close enough for me to hear it I want to know where they are.

Exactly what he said.

There are great benefits to the use of suppressors. Noise pollution reduction particularly for hunters that hunt on small acreage. You don't disturb/freak out the neighbors. The health benefit of not damaging your hearing while shooting.

This is on point; it should be a choice as there are situations where it can be useful but not mandated. The bill is just to allow the use of gun mufflers not mandate it.

When still hunting (silently stalking) game I had to forgo hearing protection as I needed my sense of hearing to help me identify game. A suppressor would have been nice to consider but is currently illegal.

No argument, just asking for opinions.

We all know how the Washington pencil pushers tend to come up with new measures to maintain their job security.

I guess I have just paid attention to Washington for so long that I could imagine this idea snowballing into mandates for noise pollution from outdoor firing ranges as well and ultimately fines for NOT having suppressors, etc.....all in an effort for the anti gunners to impose more regulation to make it harder for gun owners in their zeal to disarm us.

Maybe I'm weird.

I've been called weird, paranoid and off my rocker concerning many issues and Usually my suspicions are right on down the road.

I remember the last thing I was called paranoid about was predator drone use on American soil, and the idea of the government wanting to confiscate your retirement funds.
I was laughed at and told there would never be a politician to suggest such a thing......then Bill Clinton came along and as of a couple days ago......look up, smile, wave.....RUN!....LOL.

I guess if you want to know what liberals will do you have to think like one and ask yourself what you would do if you were them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom