Your wife a stay at home and want some extra dough?

Pretty ignorant statement honesty. Please site some sources to your research.
MLM businesses operate in all 50 U.S. states. Businesses may use terms such as "affiliate marketing" or "home-based business franchising". Many pyramid schemes attempt to present themselves as legitimate MLM businesses.[13] Many courts, and portions of the public assert that all MLMs are essentially pyramid schemes even if they are legal.[9][34][35][36]

Obtained from wikipedia, sources are as follows.

13. "Pyramid Schemes". FTC. May 13, 1998. Retrieved June 24, 2009.
9. Carroll, Robert Todd (2003). The Skeptic's Dictionary: A Collection of Strange Beliefs, Amusing Deceptions, and Dangerous Delusions. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 235–36. ISBN 0-471-27242-6. Retrieved June 29, 2009.
34. Coenen, Tracy (2009). Expert Fraud Investigation: A Step-by-Step Guide. Wiley. p. 168. ISBN 0-470-38796-3.
35. Ogunjobi, Timi (2008). Scams - and How to Protect Yourself from Them. Tee Publishing. pp. 13–19.
36. Salinger (Editor), Lawrence M. (2005). Encyclopedia of White-Collar & Corporate Crime 2. Sage Publishing. p. 880. ISBN 0-7619-3004-3.

Basically, modern pyramid schemes all disguise themselves as legitimate multi-level marketing businesses. Even legitimate multilevel marketing businesses are unstable. Engaging in business with them is a roll of the dice.

Take it from someone who knows, R&F is garbage. The active ingredients can be purchased OTC at any local drug store for 1/10th the cost. The company was founded by the same California dermos who created Proactiv, which GR purchased I believe so they started out this new bit of garbage. They use their high end clientele to promote the product, though in clinical trials in showed the same attributes as OTC medications just like Proactiv. Essentially you're paying for a name. My wife has had 2 "friends" who I no longer allow her to talk to try and sell her this stuff. They're not licensed, don't know jack about dermatology other than a sales brochure, and pedal this stuff as if it's gold.

It is a pyramid scheme period, and a subscription based one at that. 20 seconds on Google will verify my assertions. In conclusion, friends don't try to sell horse manure to each other, so save your money and try the OTC stuff. If that doesn't work, go to a dermatologist and get a prescription fitting your needs.

Take it from someone who knows, R&F is garbage. The active ingredients can be purchased OTC at any local drug store for 1/10th the cost. The company was founded by the same California dermos who created Proactiv, which GR purchased I believe so they started out this new bit of garbage. They use their high end clientele to promote the product, though in clinical trials in showed the same attributes as OTC medications just like Proactiv. Essentially you're paying for a name. My wife has had 2 "friends" who I no longer allow her to talk to try and sell her this stuff. They're not licensed, don't know jack about dermatology other than a sales brochure, and pedal this stuff as if it's gold.

It is a pyramid scheme period, and a subscription based one at that. 20 seconds on Google will verify my assertions. In conclusion, friends don't try to sell horse manure to each other, so save your money and try the OTC stuff. If that doesn't work, go to a dermatologist and get a prescription fitting your needs.
I lol'd a few times reading this.

No. Because you are selling those samples at some point.
Okay whatever you want as the example then: the butcher gives a sample of a cold cut or whatever. Not everyone buys it, but some do. It's a SAMPLE. Business of all types PURCHASE samples to promote and sell a product.

Obtained from wikipedia, sources are as follows.

Basically, modern pyramid schemes all disguise themselves as legitimate multi-level marketing businesses. Even legitimate multilevel marketing businesses are unstable. Engaging in business with them is a roll of the dice.
Your sources seemed to leave out the part about rodan and fields winning the Stevie award (like Apple, Microsoft, Amex). It's not a scam, simply not. It's direct sales, bottom line. People buy a product from them through you.

Okay whatever you want as the example then: the butcher gives a sample of a cold cut or whatever. Not everyone buys it, but some do. It's a SAMPLE. Business of all types PURCHASE samples to promote and sell a product.

I highly doubt many companies actually purchase samples. It's part of the cost of doing business as a manufacturer. My first job out of college was running the sample division of a large carpet manufacturer. My annual budget was 3.3 million. We recouped less than 400k of that each year. Most dealers would laugh in the face of a salesman trying to sell samples. The only ones we actually charged were very, very small dealers, small design firms and potential dealers with poor credit.

Back
Top Bottom