• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yugo AKs do not have a chrome lined barrel, Soooooooo?

strider12

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
233   0
Reaction score
The knock I hear against Yugo AKs is that they do not have a chrome lined barrel yet all the Yugo surplus ammo is corrosive.

1. Are we to assume that each soldier poured hot water down the barrel after each use and used Ballistol or some corresponding compound liberally?

2. Were the AKs disposible? Shoot one for a couple months and you're issued a new one if you aren't Mr Spic 'n Span.

3. They're all just crap?

They seem to be higher quality than any I've owned and cleaning is about the same.

What says you?

3... I think NWSS said it best... "Any country with money does not issue an AK to its military"... So it is a cheaply manufactured and disposible gun... doesn't make it a bad gun just cheap... Had an AK 74, cheap and gun shooter... Loved it... Not a LWRC M6, but fun...

3... I think NWSS said it best... "Any country with money does not issue an AK to its military"... So it is a cheaply manufactured and disposible gun... doesn't make it a bad gun just cheap... Had an AK 74, cheap and gun shooter... Loved it... Not a LWRC M6, but fun...

The former Yugoslavia was a poor country after US policy drove them into the abyss, but pre 1980 that was a thriving economy.

Check out a documentary called "The Weight of Chains"

The former Yugoslavia was a poor country after US policy drove them into the abyss, but pre 1980 that was a thriving economy.

Check out a documentary called "The Weight of Chains"
I am not a military enthusiast or a history buff...I just have owned a gun or 2 and I agree with NWSS.. No doubt an AK will kill someone graveyard dead, but I would prefer to put some high end American technology on someone's ass... Just saying...

I am not a military enthusiast or a history buff...I just have owned a gun or 2 and I agree with NWSS.. No doubt an AK will kill someone graveyard dead, but I would prefer to put some high end American technology on someone's ass... Just saying...

Great, thanks for your xenophobia. Next.

It's over 50 years old.

What do you expect when you are just parroting somebody else's opinion?
I just thought it summed it up and was accurate... Why does everyone need to be so damn nasty on here lately??? I have been on this forum for awhile now and I don't recall there being this much sorebuttness...

Back
Top Bottom