• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yugo AKs do not have a chrome lined barrel, Soooooooo?

I have a feeling its going to happen and guess what? People wont give a flying crap if its chrome lived or not. All they will want is an AK variant of any type.

i plan on buying an ak47 after i build up my ammo supply for my current guns, they may not be a ble to take the guns away but they can limit the ammo supply for us non-reloaders

I ment chrome LINED. Stupid phone.

Most people today only shoot non corrosive anyway. So really the chrome lining is really IMO unnecessary. What about pistols? How come more manufacturers chrome line those? My beretta m9 is chrome lined. I think that is the only pistol I own that is chrome lined.

i plan on buying an ak47 after i build up my ammo supply for my current guns, they may not be a ble to take the guns away but they can limit the ammo supply for us non-reloaders

Buy more ammunition then. That's what scares me also. I have more money invested in ammo than I do guns and mags. Without it a gun is useless.

I think that seals it right there. Experience trumps theory every time.

Anybody else have that kind of experience?

That proves Soviet takes care of his AKs- that's a fact. And it will still be running when he gives it to a grandchild.

But, if you shoot nothing but corrosive ammo in ANY barrel, chrome lined or not, without proper cleaning, it will rust and lead to pitting.

That's not theory. That's fact. Rust don't give a s*** who made the rifle.

I have a good friend whose one weakness is cleaning his firearms. He sold an FAL to another buddy of mine. He looked in the bore and it was sick. "It wasn't like that when i put it up". It was nasty with rust. He had shot some odd surplus 308 in it and "forgot" to clean it. I've seen the same thing from him with SKSs and Mausers. Same story. 'Oh wow, I guess I forgot to clean it'.

For a person like him, chrome lining may mean the difference between a "dark bore" and a "pitted out mess".

The AK is the most hardy and robust rifle ever designed, in my opinion.

Chrome lining only really comes into play on machine guns. Civilians are fine with non-chrome lined barrels. Unless they dump mag after mag x 10 as fast as they can without a break.

Bill rube makes excellent points as always. He knows I clean my firearms regularly. After each shooting session. Granted it might be several hours but when shooting corrosive ammo just clean it ASAP. Even in a war zone there will come a time when you clean your weapon. Do that and your good to go.

Back
Top Bottom