• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yugo m70 lower HANDGUARD

Have you compared the dimensions between the plastic and wood handguards? If the wood is slightly longer or shorter it will not allow the retainer and the groove on the barrel to be aligned, that would make it difficult to bring the lever back

I have beat on that thing Twisted it oiled it every possible thing I can think of and I'm worried about breaking that darn lever off
I have to buy my lady vegan food so I go up your way sometimes . I can shoot you a message next time I roll up there and I’ll fix it for you . You most likely just have the pin rolled too far

Sand/file the front of the handguard that fits into the retainer. Only file a small amount at a time and test fit frequently until the retainer slides back far enough for the lever to engage the groove. To maintain a tight fit use a rubber mallet to tap the lever down into place after filing. Remove too much and your handguard will be loose and have play in it. Patience.

I have to buy my lady vegan food so I go up your way sometimes . I can shoot you a message next time I roll up there and I’ll fix it for you . You most likely just have the pin rolled too far
The first thing I'm going to do is to compare the handguards. I can't believe I let something like that slip by me. I appreciate your offer and I'll buy you a Coke

Sand/file the front of the handguard that fits into the retainer. Only file a small amount at a time and test fit frequently until the retainer slides back far enough for the lever to engage the groove. To maintain a tight fit use a rubber mallet to tap the lever down into place after filing. Remove too much and your handguard will be loose and have play in it. Patience.
It was actually very difficult to remove initially as well.

Back
Top Bottom