• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yugo M70AB2. Need help. Break in period???

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with one of these brand new out of the box? Was yours extremely tight? I am talking so tight that it doesn't want to go into battery with the first round out of a full magazine. It gets about half way through a cycle and hangs up. It doesn't actually hang up on anything it just seems to be extremely tight. I have to remove the first three rounds from my mags to get the weapon to function a little more adequately to go into battery fully. It is tight tight. I have never seen a AK so tight in my life. If anyone has experienced the same thing let me know and approximately how long you have to break (rounds fired) the weapon in before it became smooth operation..

Anyone have any experience with one of these brand new out of the box? Was yours extremely tight? I am talking so tight that it doesn't want to go into battery with the first round out of a full magazine. It gets about half way through a cycle and hangs up. I have to remove the first three rounds from my mags to get the weapon to function a little more adequately to go into battery fully. It is tight tight. I have never seen a AK so tight in my life. If anyone has experienced the same thing let me know and approximately how long you have to break (rounds fired) the weapon in before it became smooth operation..

Does it have the RPK receiver? Mine ran like a top out of the box.

Does it have the RPK receiver? Mine ran like a top out of the box.

View attachment 199036

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_74/148118_CAI_AK_47_PAP_M70_not_charging_correctly.html

This dude seemed to have a similar problem. I remember reading this a bit ago...

It isn't failing per say it just seems to need a break in period. No double feeds or any of that. No real hang ups. It is just extremely tight. So tight that it is going to need to be broken in. I am just curious how long it will take and who else has experienced the same thing.

Yeah, that's a strong receiver (RPK). I would sit in front of the TV/computer and just cycle all the way back and let it go forward on it's own. Mine was smooth out of the box, this one just may need a little breaking in. I love to use lithium grease on the BCG.

Back
Top Bottom