• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yugo M70AB2. Need help. Break in period???

Never had that type of problem with any AK's I have owned and several of them were new.

I would say shoot several hundres rounds through it and check to see where if any wear points might be, this might give you a clue as to whether you may need to do some polishing of the areas.

Field strip it, check for burs, or anything of that nature. If it all looks good on the inside, lube her up, and put a few hundred down range.

Spray the **** out of it with clp, motor oil, tranny oil, gear oil etc.. Quench that mother ****er. Smoke you a cigarette and just start racking the **** out it. Clean it, lube it, then see if it functions normally. If not, lapping compound and charge it some more.

Yeah, that's a strong receiver (RPK). I would sit in front of the TV/computer and just cycle all the way back and let it go forward on it's own. Mine was smooth out of the box, this one just may need a little breaking in. I love to use lithium grease on the BCG.

Just shoot the hell out of it. It will wear it self in. Mine was the same and its slick as butter now.

Sounds like a plan.

Spray the **** out of it with clp, motor oil, tranny oil, gear oil etc.. Quench that mother ****er. Smoke you a cigarette and just start racking the **** out it. Clean it, lube it, then see if it functions normally. If not, lapping compound and charge it some more.

Will do. :)

Never had that type of problem with any AK's I have owned and several of them were new.

I would say shoot several hundres rounds through it and check to see where if any wear points might be, this might give you a clue as to whether you may need to do some polishing of the areas.

Field strip it, check for burs, or anything of that nature. If it all looks good on the inside, lube her up, and put a few hundred down range.

I think a day at the range is in order. That dirty ass tulammo wil probably do the trick on break in after I get home and clean it after the range.

Did that with my psa, bcg was tight as all get out. Also have you tried the mags? May be an issue with one of the mags.

First round seems to be a pain on all 7 of them. It is consistent, but the more I cycle it the better it is getting.

Back
Top Bottom