• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Zastava N Pap

Zastava N Pap? Are they a Decent AK or not? Was wanting another AK and not wanting to spend a lot of money on them and after doing some research I have found these seem to be a pretty decent one. Just wanted to get some feedback from here. Do they have a chrome lined barrel? I have read they do not but I have also read they do. Have also read they have a chromed bolt. Thanks for any feedback.

Have one of these.... Built like a tank....
Never any issues and Fun to shoot...
Prefer the O-PAP with the thicker trunnion, but this makes them heavier...

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160720_6e61b446d13a323f30ef15238250fc97.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160720_5614724c898a88c42cdabeb211940dd1.jpg

Here's a smaller PAP. Loud as ****!!

Well I had the privilege to inspect BamaBrad's N PAP today and it is as nice an example as I've ever seen from the factory. Straight as an arrow and super smooth cycling. Rivets are perfectly seated, mag well is cut properly, sights are straight. Front to back it is near perfect. And yes, I did a quick field strip and I liked what I saw. I almost made an offer for it. LOL

I have an NPAP from Century and it's a surprisingly good gun. Nice looking wood too. The cold hammer forged barrel is plenty hard so no need for chrome lining. My N PAP and my Romy G get equal amount of range time because they're both great shooters.

Well decided to buy the N Pap. And as MRH MRH stated I had him check it out for me when we met up today as he is the AK guy and I prefer my AR's. Nothing against the AK's as I have a WASR and have wanted something a little better. He let me know it was built real well and I should have no problems with it. Here is a picture of it with the giveaway prize from MRH. Thanks again buddy and was a pleasure to meet you.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160721_ccc4fc5e1a3c0a54ec7834f7ca60e405.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160721_7b9a0781276589f24f76fc42d4c53cb5.jpg

You looking at getting a newer one or an older? The only thing I didn't like about it was the stock, and I had an older one (old as in a couple years ago). The stocks on them sat on the same plane as the dust cover and sights so you had to get your cheek way down on it. Shooting it, at least to me, was kinda uncomfortable and felt like someone was lightly socking you in the cheek every time you pulled the trigger. After several mags it became annoying. The way they're being made now , at least the last half dozen that have come thru the store, have more along the lines of traditional ak stock (think wasr looking ). In other words the stock sits lower so it would be easier to get a solid cheek weld on it, at least IMO it would. Solid rifles tho

Back
Top Bottom