• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zephyr L

Fisher7

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
3   0
Reaction score
Picked up my Zephyr L last friday. (Jake is the man) Host is a Walther PPKS. Question is why is there so much diference in Db level between the first shot and like the third ??? Does it have to warm up or what.

First round pop. There is more oxygen present inside the can when it's fired the first time. That O2 creates a louder explosion. Once it burns off, the gun gets quieter during subsequent shots.

An idea I've played with is buying a CO2 tire inflator for a bike, and using it to displace the air in the can and barrel before chambering a round. If you needed the first shot to be quiet, and had the time to prepare, a piece of tape over the suppressor exit would keep it in the prepared state with a chambered round on the other side.

I can say that I know that blowing the air out of the can will reduce FRP- not as well as water, but some.

A trick used in hardening metals is to put a piece of paper in with the part before wrapping it in stainless foil and placing it in the oven. The paper ignited and burns up the trapped air, and keeps carbon from leaving the metal which would reduce hardness.

I suppose a bit of butane from a light in the muzzle end of the can (on an empty chamber) and then a strike to light the gas could burn up the air.

sorry- just thinking about reducing FRP.

An idea I've played with is buying a CO2 tire inflator for a bike, and using it to displace the air in the can and barrel before chambering a round. If you needed the first shot to be quiet, and had the time to prepare, a piece of tape over the suppressor exit would keep it in the prepared state with a chambered round on the other side.

I can say that I know that blowing the air out of the can will reduce FRP- not as well as water, but some.

A trick used in hardening metals is to put a piece of paper in with the part before wrapping it in stainless foil and placing it in the oven. The paper ignited and burns up the trapped air, and keeps carbon from leaving the metal which would reduce hardness.

I suppose a bit of butane from a light in the muzzle end of the can (on an empty chamber) and then a strike to light the gas could burn up the air.

sorry- just thinking about reducing FRP.

I've seen computer duster used to purge the can of oxygen.

Also OP if you wet the can it usually gets rid of FRP.

Back
Top Bottom