• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zero Turn Mower Recommendations

I'm pretty biased when it comes to brand because I sell John Deeres for a living. However my two cents is to stay away from any Home Depot or Lowes mowers. That includes John Deere! Deere makes better quality mowers that can only be sold at an actual Deere dealer. If you want a quality mower that will last a while get something with a Kawasaki motor and a non-welded deck. Deere has a really popular Zero turn called the Z530m and its a hot seller right now but the inventory sucks.

Whatever your local dealer sells and services, he should have some good brands.

I bought a Bobcat '52, been great, pretty rough with it but only issues is having to have it leveled once.

I'm pretty biased when it comes to brand because I sell John Deeres for a living. However my two cents is to stay away from any Home Depot or Lowes mowers. That includes John Deere! Deere makes better quality mowers that can only be sold at an actual Deere dealer. If you want a quality mower that will last a while get something with a Kawasaki motor and a non-welded deck. Deere has a really popular Zero turn called the Z530m and its a hot seller right now but the inventory sucks.

"get something with a Kawasaki motor and a non-welded deck"
i agree with the kawasaki part but did you just say stay away from welded decks and to go with stamped decks??????

i agree with the kawasaki part but did you just say stay away from welded decks and to go with stamped decks??????
Forged decks are stronger, even stamped is sometimes better. One piece of metal that is shaped is better than something with weld points. Everyone thinks that welded is the strongest but it’s the most common misconception.

Lots of good mowers out there, I have run Gravely for over 10 years. Near perfection. Look for a true commercial grade mower, welded deck. Not folded and welded. Never get a stamped deck. All engines are good with proper maintenance. Look for a quality hydro-drive with a long warranty, most costly part to replace.
good luck my friend!

Definitely look for a dealer near you and not a big box store model. I prefer Gravely. They have a model (ZT HD) that's falls in the middle of a pro and consumer grade mower. You don't need a pro level mower to cut 1.5 acres, but it's nice to have upgrades like a fully welded frame, thicker gauge steel deck, etc.
Dealer support is awesome here in Warner Robins, Powerhouse and Giles OPE.

I've been using a BigDog Alpha 48" for the last 3 years mowing 3 acres that aren't the smoothest and it has worked great. Do your self a favor and whatever brand you get buy a spare belt and blades when you get it.

What is the difference and which is better, a stamped deck vs fabricated deck for mowers?

Stamped decks are lighter, cheaper, and thinner with comparable longevity for residential applications as fabricated decks. When compared on direct impact and rough terrain handling, fabricated decks with their thicker plate design resist warping and cracking better than stamped.

What is the difference and which is better, a stamped deck vs fabricated deck for mowers?

Stamped decks are lighter, cheaper, and thinner with comparable longevity for residential applications as fabricated decks. When compared on direct impact and rough terrain handling, fabricated decks with their thicker plate design resist warping and cracking better than stamped.

Forged decks are the strongest but do have welds as well just fewer than a welded deck. A welded deck (fabricated) can be repaired (welded) but a stamped deck is toast once it is damaged.

Back
Top Bottom