• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GLOCK 17, Made in USA

excellent pics...did I see correctly your serial had AAAA? Or was I just seeing something that's not there.....okay never mind went back to page one and saw it is a AAAA032.

My plan is to go to 10,000 and then tear it down and clean it thoroughly. I'll take good pictures of how filthy it is and what wear, if any has taken place.

As an update to this, the pistol moved with me to Colorado for a while and is now back in Georgia with me. When I moved out west rifles seemed to take over the majority of my shooting, but I was still able to get some rounds through it. I also acquired a couple more Glock 9mms and had to run them through their paces, so this was relegated to backup status for a while and was shot minimally.

Round count to date: 13,222
2011: 7,848
2012: 2,603
2013: 2,771 *to date in 2013

The pistol was not cleaned until March of this year, accumulating 12,268 rounds before cleaning. The pictures are stuck on a hard drive of an old laptop, but to be honest it looked no dirtier than the pictures posted above. It was filthy to the point that I couldn't handle the gun without getting my hands dirty. During all of the rounds fired, I had 5 malfunctions related to weak ammunition that I had reloaded; each were noticeably light on recoil. Also, according to my notes I only have around 300 rds of factory ammunition fired through the pistol, basically practice/sight verification/rotation with carry ammunition. The vast majority of projectiles have been Black Bullet International 125gr and 130 gr Moly Bullets, along with some Rainiers and some Sinterfire frangibles that I got a screaming deal on.

In all, this pistol has broken in nicely and I expect it to keep running for a long time coming. I'll post updates on the 10,000s going forward, but have no fear that a USA built Glock is just as good as any other out there.

I carry a 10 year old G17 Gen3 that's been fed 1,000's of rounds, looks almost new (except for some holster wear at the muzzle), and has NEVER had a FTF or jamb. The barrel is original as it's cleaned and lubed after each range visit. My carry ammo is Federal Hydro Shok JHP but I'm an opportunistic buyer for range ammo. I have only one good eye but this gun still gives me 3" groups up to 20 yards. Glocks rule.

Back
Top Bottom