• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Maui, Hawaii Fires

It sounds like it was Blackhawk Down for them. Reports of them having to abandon equipment because they were being surrounded. The area that burned in Lahiana is relatively small. Just a few square miles....and if the flames were moving a mile per minute, well, it was problem over and done with before a break could have even been dug.
so, I am to assume that there was simply nothing to do except to let the fires burn.....with regards to fighting....then, I wonder, why do we even try to extinguish the fires that continually consume our nation....AND I'd sure like to know, when did our employs decide this, and was anyone else in the meeting, when they decided to do fuc$%^%^^ nothing????

so, I am to assume that there was simply nothing to do except to let the fires burn.....with regards to fighting....then, I wonder, why do we even try to extinguish the fires that continually consume our nation....AND I'd sure like to know, when did our employs decide this, and was anyone else in the meeting, when they decided to do fuc$%^%^^ nothing????
yes? :noidea:

It's awful for sure, but sometimes you can't win. And they didn't "do nothing." It very much sounds like they did everything they could.

Most fires and forest fires aren't fed by 60 mph wind gusts. Except in California when the Santa Ana winds kick up. This was a rare catastrophic event.

Monday morning quarterbacking is easy.
This was a very intense situation I am sure. I am glad I wasn’t part of it in person.
I just hope some of these folks can rebuild and get back to somewhere near normal eventually.
There is damned sure going to be some land grabbing going on and very stingy situations.
My deepest respect for these folks, I am praying to God they can somehow carry on.

Back
Top Bottom