• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Registering AR Pistol With A Brace As SBR

Not overturned. There has been a Nationwide preliminary injunction against enforcing the rule.
No final status as of yet. It has been appealed by ATF obviously. For now they are ok. No idea how this will turn out.
You're correct, I misspoke.

Although not a fan of the pistol brace. I have many registered SBR's with typical stocks. I prefer a shorter barrel and more concealable platform on a tactical short barrel rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2263.jpg
    IMG_2263.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 53
There's a nationwide injunction currently that means the ATF can't enforce the ruling until and unless they win in court.

My guess is the ruling will be struck down.

I also believe the ATF will claim the registry during the amnesty period only covers braced pistols, and if you want to put a stock on that pistol you'll have to go ahead and pay the $200.

That's just a wild guess though.
You really think the ATF is going to walk away from the money ? Let you guys have a free tax stamp ? They’ll cancel all the brace approvals .

Why in the heck would you register YOUR GUN TWICE WITH THE GONT.. HECK THEY ALREADY KNOW YOU GOT WHEN YOU FILLED OUT YOUR 4473
Actualy only you, your FFL, and your FFL's filing cabinet (unless they opted in for encrypted cloud storage) know what was on your 4473. If you have a carry permit, or tied that firearm into a Form 4 4473, it exists only on paper. If a NICS check was needed, they are only aware that you grabbed a pistol/rifle/other/etc., as there is no physical trainstop to enter a firearm. If an FFL happens to burn down, and that said filing cabinet happens to be stored next to hundreds of lbs of powder, well then only you, your FFL (if their memory is awesome), and you religious diety know what exact firearm you grabbed; unless of course, they opted in for cloud storage.

Actualy only you, your FFL, and your FFL's filing cabinet (unless they opted in for encrypted cloud storage) know what was on your 4473. If you have a carry permit, or tied that firearm into a Form 4 4473, it exists only on paper. If a NICS check was needed, they are only aware that you grabbed a pistol/rifle/other/etc., as there is no physical trainstop to enter a firearm. If an FFL happens to burn down, and that said filing cabinet happens to be stored next to hundreds of lbs of powder, well then only you, your FFL (if their memory is awesome), and you religious diety know what exact firearm you grabbed; unless of course, they opted in for cloud storage.
I thought maybe it was some kind of magic ink that automatically transmitted the info to the gummint.

Don't you all know that the government is incompetent yet somehow knows everything about you?

... he typed from the digital recording device with a built in location tracker and all his credit card info that he pays for the pleasure of keeping in his pocket 24/7

Back
Top Bottom