• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Registering AR Pistol With A Brace As SBR

You really think the ATF is going to walk away from the money ? Let you guys have a free tax stamp ? They’ll cancel all the brace approvals .
Two ways it can go...

1) They cancel all the Form 1s and make you start from scratch.
2) They tell you if you want to keep the Form 1 you need to send them a check for $200.

I would actually bet on #2 since #1 puts people back in the same position they were in with the rule to begin with, you have an 'unregistered' SBR according to the ATF.

My question is....if you did comply with the change in ruling. and your pistol with brace is now registered as a SBR, can you remove the brace and replace it with a perm. rear stock?? The SBR does not change does it??

Two ways it can go...

1) They cancel all the Form 1s and make you start from scratch.
2) They tell you if you want to keep the Form 1 you need to send them a check for $200.

I would actually bet on #2 since #1 puts people back in the same position they were in with the rule to begin with, you have an 'unregistered' SBR according to the ATF.

So... they do what the ATF does? Thats always a possibility lol.

My question is....if you did comply with the change in ruling. and your pistol with brace is now registered as a SBR, can you remove the brace and replace it with a perm. rear stock?? The SBR does not change does it??
Nobody knows. If you noticed, your free registration form 1 did not include a tax stamp since there was no tax paid. Not sure how that will pan out.

I have over fifty transfers since 1984 not a fan but not afraid either -i registered 2 pistols with braces i inherited from my Dad - wanted to do to a trust because they would be shared by syblings and grandchildren but to a trust would be 200.00 the no tax stamp registration required a single configuration (photos of the exact configuration) to a single person.
I seek to abide by the law.
BATF can not make laws.
A pistol with a brace is just that no stamp registered or not.
I believe the no tax stamp registration is pretty much an attempt at national gun registration (it is not an sbr) and will cause gun owners more damage and confusion than good

As of now.. absolutely. A Form 1 is a Form 1 no matter what some folks on here like to think. Once it's Form 1-ed you can put any kind of stock you want on it.

Now if they revoke those Form 1s that all changes, but no one has a clue in how it would change.

Back
Top Bottom