• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 2!!!! No Guns Will Be Bought Tonight NAACP $50,000 Gun Buy Back Fulton County

ATLANTA - The NAACP is holding a gun buy-back program at 6 p.m. at a northwest Atlanta church as part of ongoing efforts to cut back on gun-related violence in the community.

People will be able to turn in their firearms for money at the Mount Ephraim Baptist Church Family Fellowship Center at 1202 West Marietta Street. The event is part of Project Rescue Atlanta, being called Phase 1.
What's Phase 2, and on? Are they going for a city ban, like Chicago?

I like this part:

The NAACP held a similar event in May, at which Atlanta NAACP President Dr. R.L. White referenced College Park's gun buyback in February. Some of the guns brought to that event were purchased were old or inoperable. He says the goal is to recover firearms that are a real threat to the community.

"We don't want people getting guns out of the closet they had in there 50 years and just selling it to get some money. That's not what we're trying to do," White said.

No complete junk. @ the 59sec mark, if you pause the picture of the table full of guns, you can see a nickel colt 1911 govt, at 43 sec you can see a keltec sub2k off to the left of the screen.

Horrible that all those guns are just going to get melted

i think they just add some nice looking guns that were not part of the buyback for show so the news can take a picture if the table with nice fancy looking guns and make an article on how successful the buy back was

i think they just add some nice looking guns that were not part of the buyback for show so the news can take a picture if the table with nice fancy looking guns and make an article on how successful the buy back was
I want to see someone up there with a bunch of cheap BP rifles.

Back
Top Bottom