• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst ODT EXPERIENCE

Then proceed to take it to the shop’s “gunsmith” to look it over, all while I’m standing around in the shop’s main area… 20 minutes later he comes back and says that the “gunsmith” told him the barrel was shot out. He offered me $100 less than we had agreed on.

I was too stupid and needed the money so I took it. Man, I wish I could do that over again. I’d tell that guy to pound sand now.

Needless to say I’ll never be a customer at that gun store now.
sounds like the buyer just flat out LIED, unless those words came straight from the gunsmith, in which case they conspired to screw you.

This has been many years ago when I was a broke college kid, and 300 blackout was the hottest new thing.
I was selling a 300 blackout upper and a can full of ammo.
The buyer had me meet him at his place of work (a well known gun store with a range). He took the upper onto the range and test it with his can to make sure it would work. Then proceed to take it to the shop’s “gunsmith” to look it over, all while I’m standing around in the shop’s main area… 20 minutes later he comes back and says that the “gunsmith” told him the barrel was shot out. He offered me $100 less than we had agreed on.

I was too stupid and needed the money so I took it. Man, I wish I could do that over again. I’d tell that guy to pound sand now.

Needless to say I’ll never be a customer at that gun store now.
What store?

I was selling a revolver a while back. Billy showed up to the meet, sprung a surprise bill-o-sail on me and demanded I sign it or he wouldn't buy it from me. I was not interested in his BOS, so he went on to say no one had ever refused and insinuated that it was a stolen gun since I didn't want to sign it. I finally obliged and filled it out as Daffy Duck and signed it as such. He took it without reading it and went on his happy little junior FFL way.
I've signed several bill of sales on here. I always grossly misspell my name and they never notice.

Every deal I have done here has been good. No problems.

One deal (not sure if it originated here or not) I did in Houston county was this: I got a call from a member here and told me there was a guy selling Russian Wolf primers cheap, and if I wanted some to give the guy a call. Call him I did, and met him in Haynesville I believe......Dude pulls up in an old Honda Accord and his whole backseat was full of bricks of primers. $12 a piece!!!! He simply asks "how many bricks you want?" I think I bought like 6 or 7. (shoulda bought the whole back seat!!) He hands me the bricks out the window and takes my cash. Very little small talk other than if I wanted more he had a few shrink wrapped pallets of cases of bricks of primers. Like an idiot I never called him back....

Worst was dealing with a member I never met. Guy in McDonough had a good bit of reloading stuff for sale, I offered to buy some of it on open forum, a friend of mine several hours away saw this asked me to pick up some of it for him and I agreed, Then I get an email from some jackass claiming to be my friends friend, asking me to please buy some items and let my friend bring them to him, he offered to send the money right away so I said sure. Fast forward I buy the items, let both of them know what to pay me (it was listed in the sellers ad) then jackass wanted to negotiate and pay me less. I kept the stuff and gave him a negative, he left me one but the mods removed it, so he left another, mods removed it and had a come to Jesus meeting I think. Later on I saw a list somewhere on here of folks not to deal with, he was up near the top. He had ripped off others and even started a go fund me page to get money. And my friend he claimed to know, he ripped him off to.

Ooooooh man, I'll keep these vague cause the internet is a small place:
-Armslist: guy wants to make a trade but only wants to physically send the guns to each others house. He's out of state, (NY before they went full rtard) but I pass because of obvious reasons. A month later I told my ( BF) and he laughs and sends me a news link, it was a fed sting that made national headlines.

-Armslist: guy wants to trade guns, we meet up in the middle of nowhere, but he desperately needs to get home to help wife for something random. I follow him 15 minutes away, I get out, chat a bit as we go inside. I realize something is off about my surroundings but can't place it. Walk inside, nazi **** everywhere. I'm in a neo nazi compound. I realize I'd passed a guard shack coming in and the compound has 10 cinderblock houses with a huge wall around the entire compound and evey house has pissed off dogs chained by the front doors. Guy goes into the other room and walks out with his gun. Minty, in original box/mags. We make the trade and he remembers he has a case of ammo to throw so he beckons me to the other room. 100s of pounds of weed in big tight tags stacked around the room, just like Narco's on netflix. I take the ammo case/gun, say thanks and leave. I stopped with Armslist after these two back to back "deals"
can you clarify what exactly BF stands for?

Back
Top Bottom