• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

‘The Last Round You’ll Ever Need’ RIP a GA company

Do any of you guys that are excited by this round actually shoot enough of whatever you carry to verify function in your weapon and POA vs POI? I won't trust a round until it's I've fired at least 250 rounds of it through whatever gun I'll be carrying it in, and I'm not really comfortable until it's been 500 rounds. Are you really going to shoot that much boutique ammo to make sure it runs in your gun even at $2/round, not to mention $10+? And then that much again through every gun you might carry it in? I'd say most probably aren't.

That's a lot of testing! I usually do 50 or so!

Calibration shot
good catch

While the exact calibration methods vary slightly, the calibration method used by the INS National Firearms Unit is fairly typical. It requires a velocity of 183 ± 3 m/s (600 ± 10 f/s), and a BB penetration between 8.3 and 9.5 cm (3.25 to 3.75 inches). This velocity is two to three times faster than that of a BB propelled by a typical spring-air BB gun, and so where a typical BB gun might not penetrate the elastic skin of an animal, the higher velocity calibration shot will penetrate the gelatin more than might be expected.

Back
Top Bottom