• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

‘I’ll Never Retire’: Americans Break Record for Working Past 65

Insurers and Actuaries statistics suggest the earlier you retire the longer you live. My Dad always used to tell me that he knew many people that retired at 65 and were dead within 2 years. The key to my mind is staying active and having other interests, too many retirees have no interests other than work and I think they die of boredom. So that may be the best free advice you ever get.:cool: Live long and prosper!!!

Let this be a lesson to you younguns on ODT.

Get payroll deduction and put as much as you can bear into some kind of savings/retirement account. Since it is payroll deduction you never really see it in the first place.

The years go by faster than you could EVER imagine!

Get payroll deduction and put as much as you can bear into some kind of savings/retirement account. Since it is payroll deduction you never really see it in the first place.

Great advice.:cool:

Yeah, and when you change jobs, don't cash out that 401K like I did to pay off your bills. Roll it into a new one. You've got plenty of time to pay the bills. You'll be MUCH happier when you do retire and have some money to live on.

Insurers and Actuaries statistics suggest the earlier you retire the longer you live. My Dad always used to tell me that he knew many people that retired at 65 and were dead within 2 years. The key to my mind is staying active and having other interests, too many retirees have no interests other than work and I think they die of boredom. So that may be the best free advice you ever get.:cool: Live long and prosper!!!

Which is why I'm trying to retire by 40!! lol

Back
Top Bottom