• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1,000 Rds Golden Tiger .223 $219+ $16 shipping @SGammo

You're the man, as usual

Yes I am. LOL! They send me emails almost daily and this deal is real!y good, compared to other prices I have seen. I don't even shoot .223 or 5.56, but I do keep up with prices for common ammo.

Hopefully this is a start for SGammo to start bringing in more calibers of GT. It is my favorite brand of 7.62 but they also make pistol calibers and various rifle calibers. I have no prejudice against steel case. I love it. It's cheap and it works.

Yes I am. LOL! They send me emails almost daily and this deal is real!y good, compared to other prices I have seen. I don't even shoot .223 or 5.56, but I do keep up with prices for common ammo.

Hopefully this is a start for SGammo to start bringing in more calibers of GT. It is my favorite brand of 7.62 but they also make pistol calibers and various rifle calibers. I have no prejudice against steel case. I love it. It's cheap and it works.

I've never shot steel out of 223/556, but I think these cases are lacquered and that can cause issues? I can't ever bring myself to shoot steel out of an AR. I should stop reading stuff on the internet :)

I've never shot steel out of 223/556, but I think these cases are lacquered and that can cause issues? I can't ever bring myself to shoot steel out of an AR. I should stop reading stuff on the internet :)

I'm the farthest thing in the world from an expert, but I have heard steel runs fine out of an AR. The only issue with sticking cases is when the gun is very hot, a round is chambered, and the gun is set aside for a few minutes...Again, this is only what I've read somewhere...It is best to eject the round from the chamber before setting it aside. There are others here who would know way more than I do.

If anyone is concerned about steel cases damaging an extractor you need not worry. The steel used for cases is not harder than the steel used for your extractor, and for steel to damage steel, it must be harder steel than the gun part, or at least as hard. I've shot steel cases out of lots of different guns and never had any problems other than I being a little dirty, depending on the brand.

They had this deal last week. I had 2 cases delivered today. They also have 762 x39 GT on sale as well.

The way I look at steel cases is if I can save 75 to 100 bucks a case, I can buy a new BCG for every case shot. After I shoot a case and the BCG doesn't need replaced I'm ahead by another half case of ammo.

I love steel cased ammo in AR and AKs.

Back
Top Bottom