• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1,000 Rds Golden Tiger .223 $219+ $16 shipping @SGammo

GT in .223 is a unicorn. Get it while you can, It is rarely available. If I needed any .223 I would be all over this. There will be no regrets if you purchase this. Lacquer coated and sealed bullets and primers. Excellent for long term storage.

Reactions: MRH
They had this deal last week. I had 2 cases delivered today. They also have 762 x39 GT on sale as well.

The way I look at steel cases is if I can save 75 to 100 bucks a case, I can buy a new BCG for every case shot. After I shoot a case and the BCG doesn't need replaced I'm ahead by another half case of ammo.

I love steel cased ammo in AR and AKs.

Explain the BCG comment please

The savings on steel case over brass case is enough replace the BCG (not that it would need replacing). In other words, win/win.

GT in .223 is a unicorn. Get it while you can, It is rarely available. If I needed any .223 I would be all over this. There will be no regrets if you purchase this. Lacquer coated and sealed bullets and primers. Excellent for long term storage.

This is another reason I like GT. I store it away for hunting. The BTSP bullets are great.

This is the first time I have seen it offered in .223 at SGammo, and I doubt if anyone else has it available, but I could be wrong. If they do, I'll bet it isn't this cheap.

I have been hoping SGammo would start bringing in GT pistol ammo. I've heard great things about it and want to try some.

I understand that part but how would steel case wear out a BCG? Maybe the extractor?

No, it will not wear out the extractor. I'm not trying to answer your question for him, but I am certain they will not wear out your extractor. Fear not, steel is your friend.

I have never understood why, in this day and time, more guys do not shoot steel case ammo, no matter the platform...Maybe someone here will have more insight and more knowledge on the subject than my very limited prowess, but for those on a budget it seems like a no brainer...At least to me...I have never shot one single round of brass case 7.62.

I've shot steel pretty muck exclusively in both of my AR's and my Saiga AK. Wolf, WPA, Brown Bear, Silver Bear and Golden Tiger. Never had one problem. As someone else stated, if my gun wouldn't shoot it, I'd get rid of the gun. I like to shoot. Don't have any safe queens. The money saved by shooting steel will more than pay for any parts that may wear sooner because of it.

Back
Top Bottom