• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1,000 Rds Golden Tiger .223 $219+ $16 shipping @SGammo

I would use the same argument with the cost savings on steel ammo i could replace any worn out part and still come out ahead. But with Wolf Gold prices at about $300/case delivered it's hard to justify not buying this. I still shoot steel when I'm outdoors but I'm doing more indoor shooting lately so the cheap brass is nice.

Wow... Do I get a case of this 223 ... AR is not my go to gun... It is the AK
But this is a great price.... Just watched a few videos on ARs with Steel Case.... Little more cleaning, but is is good...

I understand that part but how would steel case wear out a BCG? Maybe the extractor?
The issue with steel cases has to do with the chamber. I have a two and a half pound brass hammer I use at work. I can smack the sh*t out of something without leaving a mark. Apparently 10,000 rounds of steel ammo will cost you a barrel. Every time you chamber or eject a steel round it scratches/wears away a little bit of metal. So the chamber wears out.

I have no idea why he'd need to buy a new bolt carrier group. Maybe he's saving money shooting steel cased ammo to buy an exotic titanium BCG?

The .223 is a unicorn and almost never available. This is a good buy also. It will not disappoint.Sealed primers sealed bullet to case and lacquer coated make this excellent for long term storage.

I was not aware of that. Russian ammo generally has harder primers. I would think this might be more of a problem in AR's than AK's, though.

Is THIS the same GT 223 ammo that Sam sold last year that he had to recall and give money back due to hard primers not igniting 100%, blaming the buyers firearms for having weak firing springs ??? He bought it back and re-sold it for cheap with the caveat about the primers ??

The blurb specifically mentions that this is a different batch, and that they worked with the mfg. on their primers. From the site:

"Due to primer hardness issues in a past lot, we had the factory rework their formula on this ammo to ensure primer hardness and construction specs were optimized for use in commercial firearms found in the USA. This ammo will work well in stock AR15 rifles in good working order.We test fired 60 rounds between a stock Colt Sporter, Colt Government Carbine and another test gun gun built from spare parts and got 100% function in all 3 guns."

Back
Top Bottom