• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

100yrd 3-position Rifle Clinic/Practice Match

100yrd Rifle Marksmanship Clinic this weekend, Nov 25th. Clinic Fee:$15
http://www.rbgc.org/100ydrifle/100YardRifle.htm
Sign-up at 8:15am typically done at 2:30pm
"IRON SIGHTS ONLY", 60 rounds of ammo
Weather Forecast: 63, sunny
If you would like to come, I have a loaner rifle & ammo, All I ask is to be reimbursed for the ammo.
All are welcome, all skill levels, even if you have never shot before.
This match is setup for the beginner and the advanced.
If you ask for help you will be partnered with an experienced shooter.
Sounds like a great time!! Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'd like to go through it myself with one of my milsurps, something I have a bunch of ammo for. Most of my oldies have limited ammo. I could probably bring an sks, garand, or carbine. It doesn't matter what kind of rifle, for the most part, does it? I'd also like to do this with my son. This wknd doesn't work, but possibly sometime soon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

They still make guns with iron sights?

Just kidding. I would love this same concept if I could use optics but had to tie a tourniquet around my left leg and tape a tennis ball to my right hand.

I have a M1a with a Sadlak mount that I don't want to remove the scope from, but I can still use the irons with the scope mounted. Would that be allowed?

I don't think it will be allowed.
Contact the Match Director for final word, email: ben@rbgc.org

There are plenty of rifles that can be borrowed. The match director and myself have loaners.
I'll let you shoot my National Match AR15 and I'll sell you some match grade ammo.
So for $15 match fees and $25 for ammo you can come do the clinic.
All you have to have is some kind of eye protection, I'll give you ear plugs.

This is the pure form of marksmanship, one should learn to shoot with irons first before transitioning to optics.

I don't think it will be allowed.
Contact the Match Director for final word, email: ben@rbgc.org

There are plenty of rifles that can be borrowed. The match director and myself have loaners.
I'll let you shoot my National Match AR15 and I'll sell you some match grade ammo.
So for $15 match fees and $25 for ammo you can come do the clinic.
All you have to have is some kind of eye protection, I'll give you ear plugs.

This is the pure form of marksmanship, one should learn to shoot with irons first before transitioning to optics.
I appreciate the offer, but I would want to shoot my rifle.

My scope is easily removed and remounted (QD mounts). I just don't want to lose my zero. Would I have an opportunity to re-zero the rifle at 200 yards after the clinic?

No, it's hosted on the 100yrd range, no shooting after the match because there is a cookout and awards.
You have to be a member or guest of a member to use the other ranges.

Back
Top Bottom