10mm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

45coltcommander

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
23   0
Reaction score
Well im thinking of getting into 10mm. I havent made up my mind yet but the 10mm is starting to catch my eye. I have shot 9mm, 40, 45, 44 mag, and several others but never a 10mm. I know that some people love it but some people hate it. If I do decide to try a 10mm im sure it will be in a glock. But before I jumped right into it I thought I would get some insight. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The one good thing about a 10mm glock is you can run .40 in there. I like the 10mm but I shoot my rifles way to much so I cant afford to chamber that round. I like the 357 sig too. Another kinda pricey round.

I bought a 10MM barrel and mags for my Glock 21 last week. I LOVE Glocks versatility.

We only have 2 places in town to buy ammo, Wal Mart and our local hunting store. Wal-Mart doesn't carry them and the sporting goods store had 2 boxes of Hornady's for $10 more a box than online. I DID find a great price on Prvi Partisan JHP's here though:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-2...0-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-ammunition.aspx

My order just came in Thursday evening so I haven't gotten to shoot it yet but plan to this week.

The one good thing about a 10mm glock is you can run .40 in there.

Are you sure Sov? I was talking to Steve yesterday and he mentioned that so when I got home I put my 10MM barrel side by side with one of my 40 S&W barrels and dropped a round into the chambers. The 10 stuck WAY out of the 40 chamber and the 40 dropped in flush into the 10 chamber. I can't see how the firing pin could reach the primer on the 40 in the 10MM chamber. The casing on the 40 is significantly shorter that the casing on the 10.

Are you sure Sov? I was talking to Steve yesterday and he mentioned that so when I got home I put my 10MM barrel side by side with one of my 40 S&W barrels and dropped a round into the chambers. The 10 stuck WAY out of the 40 chamber and the 40 dropped in flush into the 10 chamber. I can't see how the firing pin could reach the primer on the 40 in the 10MM chamber. The casing on the 40 is significantly shorter that the casing on the 10.

We shoot 40s out of my buddies 10mm all the time. never had an issue.

Interesting. When I take the 21 to the range to try the 10MM barrel out I guess I'll take a box of 40's with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom