10mm question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind having your cartridge held in place strictly by the ejector and your head spacing specs shot to heck, shoot .40 through your 10mm. The unsupported chamber would be enough for me to use common sense. Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean it's smart. Technically a 1911 will chamber and fire .40S&W, but is it smart?

If you don't mind having your cartridge held in place strictly by the ejector and your head spacing specs shot to heck, shoot .40 through your 10mm. The unsupported chamber would be enough for me to use common sense. Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean it's smart. Technically a 1911 will chamber and fire .40S&W, but is it smart?

A gunsmith friend of mine said it would cause no damage. He fires them though his. Im just going by what I was told. YMMV.

If you don't mind having your cartridge held in place strictly by the ejector and your head spacing specs shot to heck, shoot .40 through your 10mm. The unsupported chamber would be enough for me to use common sense. Just because you "can" do something doesn;t mean it's smart. Technically a 1911 will chamber and fire .40S&W, but is it smart?

LOL! Good point. and then I DO have three 40 S&W guns so really I don't guess i NEED to shoot them outta the 10MM barrel. I'll post the pics of the chambered rounds Monday in a new thread but they REALLY look wrong.

Thanks CCW.

Tommy, don't take my word for it, read this article.

http://www.thegunzone.com/10v40.html#nb1

Ive read it. I guess all those times we fired it with .40s were luck. Even though ive seen tons of people do the same with no issues. I dont own a 10mm so like I said, Your mileage may very.. I guess my smith just plays stupid games all day. I dunno.

You can buy the .50 conversion for the 10mm also !

Yes you can buy the 50 GI conversion KIT for the G20 or the G21. The thing I think makes the difference is that with the G21 you can swap barrels and mags and shoot the 10MM but with the G20 you can NOT swap barrel UP to the .45 acp. That conversion is a one way street. This makes the 45ACP G21 the more versatile platform. You can use all the G20 conversion options PLUS the 10MM. So far, I've found barrels for everything from 9x25?, 40S&W, .40 Super? .357 SIG, 10MM and .400 Corbon. I wonder what magazines you would use for some of them(or even why you would WANT some of those calibers) but there they are. That's just the Lone Wolf Distributers options.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=241

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom