• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/13/22 Deer Hunt.

Hunted the front field this evening. My 4 year old was supposed to join me but backed out. I saw 9, all does but one. Had a decent 8 walk out, but would rather shoot something like that with my boy. I got a pic of 5 does.
0F5B594F-C026-4EAC-A678-544C7B1843F8.jpeg
0F5B594F-C026-4EAC-A678-544C7B1843F8.jpeg
6B149EF1-E2F8-45B5-94A1-10FBC5997931.jpeg

Saw a really nice 8 with long tines today. Of course, it was 6am and he was trotting down the road just outside of Gay. Only thing in the woods was one running close to the fence line. No sho5 and not even sure if buck or doe. Weather was okay until about 8am and some turned the fan on high and full oscillating.

Well fellas I shot one. I'm not too happy with myself, he came in and was limping just like my target buck does and didn't even pay attention to the rack and shot him. He ran about 70 yard total but if he had ran a straight line it might have been 35. I'm a little mad at myself for rushing to make the shot and not ensuring it was the deer I thought it was. Part of me is happy for the opportunity but still not happy at myself for taking one I'd let walk. View attachment 4956810
Congratulations buddy!

Beautiful evening to be in the woods.

I had a group of Tom’s come towards me but must Got a little spooked and turned back then circled a bit then came towards me again then mosied away.
Five minutes later a group of four hens came in and didn’t spook until one spotted me on the ladder and flew about ten yards in a panic.
The other hens weren’t bothered and they hung out for a while.
The Tom’s were freaking big.

Back
Top Bottom