• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/18 Hunt

I had to get out of the stand about 10 so that I could go meet another ODT member to sell some brass. On my walk out to the truck I saw one of the biggest, if not the biggest, set of buck tracks I have never seen in all my years of hunting! You can bet your bottom dollar you all know where I will be sitting this afternoon. For those of you who know me and my luck, you realize (as I do) that the chances of that buck ever stepping foot back in this same area are pretty much nonexistent, but I gotta try! So much for meat hunting and filling the freezer, I’m on a mission now! So, here is the million dollar question...do I try and move a ground blind into this area or see if I can just find a place to sit in the ground? The road where I saw his tracks cuts through an area that was clear cut about 10-15 yrs ago and not replanted, so it’s super thick on either side of the road and not any big trees I could sit under.

If I were you I would just get in there on the ground against a tree and try not to move to much. He’s probably in the thick stuff so make sure you sit in a spot with a good shot. It’s more fun on the ground and eye level with them! Good luck to ya!

Well blanked this morning, but swapped out cards in camera and saw that this guy was there last night. Hope the shot I heard close at first light wasn’t him!
01852DE9-B09D-453A-9566-2FA91CA9431B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom