• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/4 Deer Hunt

Talking about falling I fell while climbing up when I was 16. Luckily I was only about 6 feet up. I still prefer a ladder stand if I'm gonna climb but have killed more deer from the ground in either a "hut" or blind.

Talking about falling I fell while climbing up when I was 16. Luckily I was only about 6 feet up. I still prefer a ladder stand if I'm gonna climb but have killed more deer from the ground in either a "hut" or blind.
I am thinking on a hut also.Found one I kinda like,but they dont have floors in em.

A brother of mine fell out of a rotten ladder stand 11 years ago in Morgan county. He survived, was able to kinda walk for a short period, then lost that ability. He was confined to a wheelchair until he died last year. Doctors figure the pain meds. caused organ failure. Life in the woods is fantastic, but sure can be dangerous.

Same here. I'm sure the meds took their toll. Quality of life is worth it..? I think so. My uncle had a lot of good years hunting from a golf cart after he fell. He killed his biggest deer while hunting from a golf cart. All of us around him learned a lot about golf carts, during and afterwards...They are quiet and they do not smell. Perfect for the sandy soil I hunt in south Ga.

Same here. I'm sure the meds took their toll. Quality of life is worth it..? I think so. My uncle had a lot of good years hunting from a golf cart after he fell. He killed his biggest deer while hunting from a golf cart. All of us around him learned a lot about golf carts, during and afterwards...They are quiet and they do not smell. Perfect for the sandy soil I hunt in south Ga.

Golf cart is a good idea! When my granddaddy got older and it was hard for him to get around he would pull his truck in the edge of a field on the farm and hunt from there.

I guess I was lucky with my tree stand accident. I was inch worming up a tree several years ago with a cheap climbing stand. I was using one of those old school wrap around, rubber band looking safety straps and the bottom of the stand disappeared out from under me. I fell about a foot and a half or two before the strap stopped my fall. It doesn't sound that far but it was enough to dislocate several ribs and obviously knocked the wind out of me. I was lucky enough to be able to get a toe hold on the bottom platform to loosen up the strap and come back down the tree. Yall be careful out there!

use to be we only had a foot part to climb with.You hugged the tree with your arms an inch wormed up ,lots of scraped up chests.You younguns will never know
I borrowed one of those years and a nice bck wandered in but I couldn’t take the shot because that old wood platform was squeaky as heck , looking back on it I should have never left the ground on that relic

Back
Top Bottom