• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/4 Deer Hunt

use to be we only had a foot part to climb with.You hugged the tree with your arms an inch wormed up ,lots of scraped up chests.You younguns will never know

Mine was a Baker stand. Bought it in the early 80's. Still have it, my dad's, and my uncle's. Bought a a hand climber for it later and then a seat conversion. Dang sure wouldn't use it now.

attachment.php

Mine was a Baker stand. Bought it in the early 80's. Still have it, my dad's, and my uncle's. Bought a a hand climber for it later and then a seat conversion. Dang sure wouldn't use it now.

[Broken External Image]:
sheet cant pull my fat ass up with a hand climber hahahahahahaha

Walton county, around 7am, definitely cruising. I had a 3 pointer pop out and make his way across the field right at daylight. He was looking behind him but I figured he had been chased away. A few minutes later I saw this guy come out of the wood line down below me at around 150 yards and he started making his was across the field. Lip curling the whole way... He was in the tall grass and I only had the upper half of him, but when he was around 80 yards out I could not wait any longer. Dropped him in his tracks, and then decided to wait just to be sure he was done. That was a good move because after about 5 minutes I looked down there and he was standing up! I got on him again and dropped him again. He did not get up again. When I got to him my first shot was near perfect, a little high on his shoulder. I don't know how he got up. The second shot was literally right next to the first shot. These beasts are tough, no doubt.

I'm guessing he was 180 lbs live weight.

My 4 year son was really excited, and that was the best part. This was his first experience with a deer harvest. I took him through the ritual of saying a prayer giving thanks and paying respects to the deer for giving his life.

Good eating for me!
Great story! Congrats, man!

Reactions: MRH
use to be we only had a foot part to climb with.You hugged the tree with your arms an inch wormed up ,lots of scraped up chests.You younguns will never know
I clearly remember those! I've used them through their entire evolution. Whoever finally figured out the idea of a sit down stand up system is a freaking genius.

At 4:45 he almost cruised past me at 110 yards in Washington County. We were at our place for the weekend. Just making it home. His Hocks were stained and stinking.

Got to hunt with my boys this weekend, and the wife at the cabin too! A lot of bucks seen! I passed one up that I was regretting, until this guy tried to slip past me..

B547164B-483D-4FF0-980B-9169CF3617E3.jpeg B831F79C-DB2E-4107-84DA-B32F53CBD8B3.jpeg

At 4:45 he almost cruised past me at 110 yards in Washington County. We were at our place for the weekend. Just making it home. His Hocks were stained and stinking.

Got to hunt with my boys this weekend, and the wife at the cabin too! A lot of bucks seen! I passed one up that I was regretting, until this guy tried to slip past me..

View attachment 1854069 View attachment 1854070
Sweet! That's a big ol boy!

View attachment 1854069 View attachment 1854070
Great buck. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom