• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/6 deer hunt

Everyone has their opinions about the rut and how it works...I believe the full moon at the end of October was going to pull the rut forward a few days, and it still may pull it forward slightly, but the weather has thrown a kink in everyone's craw, so now I believe the best week for most of the northern zone will be next week, from around the 7th-15th...Southern zone should be around the 15th-25th...
Agree with this! When the rain pulls out and the cold snap rolls in I'm thinking that is going to do the trick for rut!

Reactions: MRH
Anyone out this afternoon? I've heard several gunts and a lots of movement in the thicket. Nothing stepped out yet.

20151106_165108.jpg

Agree.....especially places with harsher winters and breed timing is crucial. In the south I believe other factors do come into play considering the rut can sometimes vary by 6 weeks from year to year.
we have deer from different areas of the united states also.I just go with Nov 4 through 15th and the rest later is just cake.Had bucks trying to hump does in march and spotted fawns in august being born.

we have deer from different areas of the united states also.I just go with Nov 4 through 15th and the rest later is just cake.Had bucks trying to hump does in march and spotted fawns in august being born.

:thumb: First two weeks in November has always been my favorite time to hunt. Whenever most hunters see a buck on a given day with his nose in the air! ITS PEAK RUT! Just depends on who you talk to.

Agree.....especially places with harsher winters and breed timing is crucial. In the south I believe other factors do come into play considering the rut can sometimes vary by 6 weeks from year to year.
Unbred does go into estrous 30 days later. Some come into estrous 30 days prior. Due to the sex ratio, Georgia really doesn't have a rut like some places.

Unbred does go into estrous 30 days later. Some come into estrous 30 days prior. Due to the sex ratio, Georgia really doesn't have a rut like some places.
Correct! Their is a pre rut, rut, and post rut. Each cycle being 30 days,in the many years that I have hunted Georgia, I have found two things that happen.. Rut is kicked in by Temps dropping, also found most times Mid Ga. rut is the week before Thanksgiving, or the week of Thanksgiving...

Back
Top Bottom