• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/6 deer hunt

How late you guys staying out? i know its only 9:30 but my back is starting to kill me.

haha...I feel your pain. I'm a big believer in hunting all day, and love to be out there at the butt crack of dawn, but if I were going to hunt 3 hours at a time, right now in this weather, and with all the bucks I've seen killed at certain times, I would hunt mid day, from around 11 am until around 3 pm. In my experiences mid day is a fantastic time to hunt, and often times overlooked.

Pee out of your stand. I've had them come in and sniff it.

I do not like to pee where I'm hunting, but you are right...Deer are curious animals and one of the top outfitters in the country told me once "If you want to know every buck on your property, drive a stake in the middle of your property and smear your own dung on top of it, then set your camera somewhere facing it...The deer cannot help it. They have to walk up and check it out because they are very curious..." I never forgot that.

Yep I've had deer come smell my fresh pee from my stand.
I've had them leave scrapes over my pee.
I've peed in their scrapes and made my own.... This brings them back even more curious but usually at night for the most part.
I'm not a big fan of the smelly thermacells... If I can smell it so can the deer and if I can hear it hissing so can the deer but then again deer are curious but I have used my thermacell four times without having a deer come near me so I no longer use mine nor do I want to.
It has a carrying case if anyone interested.. Lol.

Well maybe a deer will come along anyway. The thing is I wouldnt have a problem in the world with him hunting my stand if im not here. What he dont know is his stand location will spook them out of the area. Hey Comanche Comanche do you have chest waders?

No Sir.
I do like the idea of leaving a note but you gotta keep it dry.
Ziplock and a stone?
Hhhhmmmm...... Thinking of what I would write to send a message and at the same time keep him from wanting to smear poop on your stand is mind boggling given the attitude of weirdo hunters that would set up like he did.

Regardless.... His stand placement is not only rude and offensive to you and your stand but dangerous and foolish.

By the way I would have been out hunting this morning but a call I made to a vendor ended up being a three hour job interview and it looks like I landed a new job by accident.

Last edited:
I hope someone is in the woods right now...I would be if I could...It is warm but mid day is magic and today would be a good one...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom