110,489,000 Americans on Welfare

When you have a sick, a very sick economy, one where trade deficits are large and constant, where higher paying jobs are declining due to the lack of competitiveness in the Labor market and higher institutional cost because of government regulations. Where what jobs are created are low paying, to the point of allowing nothing to trickle to the tax base. The easiest option to keep the gears turning to the point where the citizens don't revolt, is to increase the money supply. This increases the debt, but as long as there are bread and circuses, nobody much cares, we are impoverishing our grandchildren but most people seem to shrug it off. Their problem.
You have to have an entry point , though, for all that cash. You can;
Give it to banks at 0% interest to then loan at a profit, this stimulates the economy, the only downside is that savers, mostly seniors, get screwed out of a true market interest rate, as banks don't really need them to buy CD's.
Increase payments of disability, this has the further positive effect that those people aren't looking for jobs, making the unemployment numbers look better.
Increase social programs, through direct payment and tax "rebates".
Increase military spending.
Allow congress, the senate, the president to spend on staff and junkets like drunken sailors. (My apology to any drunken sailors reading this)
I am sure there is much I am missing.
I keep waiting for a huge popping sound, the sound it makes when people's heads come out of their butts, so far no pops. Ignorance is bliss, we are a happy country.

When you have a sick, a very sick economy, one where trade deficits are large and constant, where higher paying jobs are declining due to the lack of competitiveness in the Labor market and higher institutional cost because of government regulations. Where what jobs are created are low paying, to the point of allowing nothing to trickle to the tax base. The easiest option to keep the gears turning to the point where the citizens don't revolt, is to increase the money supply. This increases the debt, but as long as there are bread and circuses, nobody much cares, we are impoverishing our grandchildren but most people seem to shrug it off. Their problem.
You have to have an entry point , though, for all that cash. You can;
Give it to banks at 0% interest to then loan at a profit, this stimulates the economy, the only downside is that savers, mostly seniors, get screwed out of a true market interest rate, as banks don't really need them to buy CD's.
Increase payments of disability, this has the further positive effect that those people aren't looking for jobs, making the unemployment numbers look better.
Increase social programs, through direct payment and tax "rebates".
Increase military spending.
Allow congress, the senate, the president to spend on staff and junkets like drunken sailors. (My apology to any drunken sailors reading this)
I am sure there is much I am missing.
I keep waiting for a huge popping sound, the sound it makes when people's heads come out of their butts, so far no pops. Ignorance is bliss, we are a happy country.
Printing money is a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom