• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12-15 hunt

I saw some big Bobcat tracks cruising the road at the lease the other day.
I have been hunting for a very long time and have spent a ton of hours in the woods and this is the first one I've ever seen from a stand. It was the only thing I saw moving yesterday afternoon. It's over at my taxidermist's place now!

Congrats on killing what is usually a deep woods ghost.
I’ve let two giant Tom Bobcats walk before and have kicked myself in the butt for not getting one of them. You rarely see the big boys. I did kill a nice looking female last season, still deciding what to do with her.

Congrats on killing what is usually a deep woods ghost.
I’ve let two giant Tom Bobcats walk before and have kicked myself in the butt for not getting one of them. You rarely see the big boys. I did kill a nice looking female last season, still deciding what to do with her.
Thanks. I'm not sure how this one compares to an average bobcat. It looked kind of big to me and is a lot larger than any of the house cats I had growing up lol.

Thanks. I'm not sure how this one compares to an average bobcat. It looked kind of big to me and is a lot larger than any of the house cats I had growing up lol.
They’re all beautiful to me!
525E7608-26CE-4A08-9318-CCD58C268409.jpeg

I've seen 2 big cats before. Both times I was about to pull the trigger when a buck entered the picture. Both bucks were 8 pointers and both are no longer with us. True story....

Both times that I passed on big bobcats it was in areas where I was on some good buck sign and didn’t want to disturb the area. I figured I’d see him again later in the season but never did. One was in Macon County and another was in Carroll County.

Many years ago me and my youngest daughter were doing a "walk about" small game hunt. That means there were a lot of different small game seasons open and we were on a big chunk of public land ready for anything to pop up. We both had 12ga. with heavy #6 loads and Modified chokes.

We had stopped to watch a hardwood bottom for movement and a large Bobcat came strolling in. He was obviously doing the same thing we were and sat down to watch the bottom about 25 yards from up. It would have been very easy to take him, but I wasn't sure of the season on them, so I passed. Upon checking later I found out it was open season, of course. That's the only real opportunity I've had for one.

Back
Top Bottom