• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1903 Winchester 22 questions

rusty9876

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
122   0
Reaction score
I recent inherited a 1903 22 rifle made by Winchester. Watched a few take down videos for cleaning. Some made comment that 22 long rifle ammo would not function correctly. Sure enough, they are right. Will fire once in chamber and extract but will not feed the next round in. So what do I need to look for? Would 22 longs work or is it something strange from the era?

I recent inherited a 1903 22 rifle made by Winchester. Watched a few take down videos for cleaning. Some made comment that 22 long rifle ammo would not function correctly. Sure enough, they are right. Will fire once in chamber and extract but will not feed the next round in. So what do I need to look for? Would 22 longs work or is it something strange from the era?
this is it made especially for the 1903 Win later became the 63 made during the black to smokeless powders changes so this gun wouldn’t shoot black powder rounds later became knoWn as one of the finest semi auto 22 made 4A9233CD-460F-4462-89A6-76D72E70DCCB.jpeg

I have several boxes of 22 Win Auto. I have a 03 and have only shot it once in the 40 years I've owned it. Since you're here in T town PM me and we'll arrange a meet. Seems you bought a Remington model 11 from me years ago. I still live in the same place.

And the gun is 22 win auto not WRF. That's a totally different round. I have those as well for the model 1890

I sent you a message about having 1000+ rounds of the Winchester 1903 bullets but I don't see it on my side. I don't have a gun and have no need for the bullets. Most are still in boxes. If interested, my cell is 404-862-2713. Thanks, Robbie

Back
Top Bottom