1911 build complete!!!! **pic heavy**

redefined

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
40   0
Reaction score
January 1st 2010 I purchased my first 1911, with many thanks to DannyK for turning me on to the 1911 platform. By nature I tinker with things, Danny being a local friend of mine was aware of this while suggesting firearms to me, my pocket book hates him now! After shooting the gun as is for a few months I decided to slowly work into things and replace parts one at a time, well that was the plan at least. I shot a friends pistol a handful of times and fell in love.

So I decided to start with a new trigger. Well that means I need the full ignition set, so while in there why not do a grip safety and thumb safety right? It all needs fitted together anyway. The madness never ended but boy did I learn a lot.

If the work was not done by myself I have listed next to the item who performed the services. I tried to do as much as I could without having a horrible looking weapon!

Dave Erickson, what can I say? Top-notch work! Thanks for the countless emails and phone calls discussing what would be best for the look I wanted to achieve while staying in my budget. I felt that Dave really was there to help, not just to make money. He suggested spending a little less money with him by not doing some cuts to make sure the rest of the gun would be finished. The suggestions and information Dave provided was priceless. Thanks Dave!!

Well enough blabbing, onto the parts list and pictures!!! This thread will be very picture heavy as photography is another hobby/job of mine. Next time I need to take more detailed pictures during the build process. All of the build images were taken with a cell phone :bawling:

Thanks again to everyone involved! Oh yeah, including my wife who shares my love of cars and firearms. Thanks!!

Full dehorne of all new parts along with the slide and frame.
Cylinder & Slide Pin Set
EGW Grip Screw Bushings
EGW Firing Pin Stop
EGW Ejector
EGW Extractor
EGW Spring Plug
EGW Barrel Bushing
Ed Brown Extended Tactical Style Safety
Ed Brown Hardcore Slide Stop - shortened
Berryhill Custom Short Serrated Trigger
Berryhill Custom Ultimate Ignition set
Smith & Alexander Beavertail Grip Safety
Wilson Combat Checkered Mainspring Housing
Dawson Precision Rail mounted and silver soldered - MUCH help from DannyK (90% of the soldering was done by Danny).
Dawson Surefire Adaptor for x300
Wolf Springs (Plunger, Firing pin, Recoil, Sear)
Heinie 1 Dot Tritium Ultra Low-Mount SlantPro Ledge Rear Sight
Novak Dovetail Mount Tritium Front Sight
VZ Operators II Black Grips

Machine work:
Novak cut slide for sights - Dave Erickson
20lip Frontstrap checkering - Dave Erickson
Countersink Slide Stop Hole
Flush, angle, and polish Barrel end.

Finish:
Cerakote over a fresh coat of parkerizing. Tungsten Grey is the main color featured along with accessories done in Graphite Black. Both the Cerakote and Parkerizing were done by myself and DannyK, I sprayed he hung :biglaugh:

This pistol started its life as a Springfield Mil-Spec - Bone stock!

farm5.static.flickr.com_4037_4344501450_a11387005b_b.jpg

Installing Berryhill Ignition parts

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_IMG_0111.jpg

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_IMG_0112.jpg

Handful of other parts installed, but not dehorned

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_IMG_0139.jpg

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_pieces.jpg

Blending that tail!

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_Tailblend.jpg

Fresh back from Dave Erickson :rock:

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_IMG_0151.jpg

Smooth that MSH

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_IMG_0158.jpg

Make it all flush

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_rearblending.jpg

Not ideal, but it worked great! Dawson rail install

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_raildrilling.jpg

Thanks again DannyK for the silver solder job!

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_railsoldered.jpg

Time for some paint!!!

farm6.static.flickr.com_5162_5288560902_d4c55be249_b.jpg

i6.photobucket.com_albums_y238_redefinedWRX_Guns_Springfield_20Mil_Spec_20Build_IMG_5325.jpg

Back
Top Bottom