• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 parts

I wish more shops did and I don't know why they don't. I would love to get a GI style plug and spring guide to replace my 2 piece FL guide rod.

Any story behind the Welsh Dragon avatar fz1boxer fz1boxer ? My dad lived in Whales for a couple of years when he was young.

thats where my fathers side of the family came from,moms side is from ireland.
my sisters had a dna search done and hers was 78% ireland,of course the mailman was irish in our neighborhood.
my dads great great great family came over in the late 1600's,records are spotty til the 1710's when they settled in south carolina.
granddad always called us "dark irish"

thats where my fathers side of the family came from,moms side is from ireland.
my sisters had a dna search done and hers was 78% ireland,of course the mailman was irish in our neighborhood.
my dads great great great family came over in the late 1600's,records are spotty til the 1710's when they settled in south carolina.
granddad always called us "dark irish"
Awesome! Yea our family has a big Irish influence. We are the Gibson's so go figure. I have heard some of my decedents referred to as Black Irish... probably same as dark Irish. I think it just refers to their hair and eye color, ex. dark brown vs red that everybody thinks of...

any shops that carry a decent inventory of 1911 parts.
i am looking for a commander barrel specifically.
thanks

As mentioned none locally.

Storm Lake is in Tennessee and has decent 1911 barrels.

But yeah, Brownells is really good for 1911 parts-they give a discount to military and probably others as well. Midway has a decent selection and you can send it back if you haven't fitted it.

There are a multitude of makers some excellent some no so much.

I guess it depends on the intended use of the pistol?

Self-defense, range plinker, target-ized to hard fit competion? What's the purpose of seeking a barrel? That will guide a source and selection.

Georgia Gun Store has a good selection, though I don't know about a commander barrel...buds has threaded big name commander barrels right now for 89 bucks.....full size for 99...

Back
Top Bottom