1911 Project, Update.

Excellent job on refinishing that taurus. I've had my own experience with bad finishes on these guns. I'm a dealer and we bought out a store that had a couple Taurus 1911's. They were brand new, never unwrapped out of the box. Taurus uses/used a thick grease almost like Karo syrup that was smeared all over the guns. The only one that had a problem was a blued one with Crimson Trace grips. When I took it out of the box and wiped the grease off, one side was badly scarred. It was as if the bluing just peeled off. It was factory new so I called customer service and they told me they only have a one year finish warranty. One year from the date of manufacture, not from customer purchase. I've seen several since, not sure if its a metallurgical or finish problem, could be the boat trip from Brazil. Any who, good job.

Excellent job on refinishing that taurus. I've had my own experience with bad finishes on these guns. I'm a dealer and we bought out a store that had a couple Taurus 1911's. They were brand new, never unwrapped out of the box. Taurus uses/used a thick grease almost like Karo syrup that was smeared all over the guns. The only one that had a problem was a blued one with Crimson Trace grips. When I took it out of the box and wiped the grease off, one side was badly scarred. It was as if the bluing just peeled off. It was factory new so I called customer service and they told me they only have a one year finish warranty. One year from the date of manufacture, not from customer purchase. I've seen several since, not sure if its a metallurgical or finish problem, could be the boat trip from Brazil. Any who, good job.
Wow that's some crappy customer support :(

How hard was it to put everything back together? I work on cars almost every weekends and can put things back together watching youtube videos lol I fixed many phones as well including iphones and Samsung phones.

If its not so hard, I would love to do a little project like this. I love 1911s :)

it wasn't hard at all, there are some excellent videos on youtube :) the Taurus though turned out to have a couple of none standard parts that weren't in most of the videos but it wasn't do difficult to figure out. just make sure you have some good tweezers, punches and small hammer available.

Back
Top Bottom