1911 Purist

Spot on. AT first the guy kind of made me irritable but then I became very curious as to what he was even meant.
I love the 1911 first large handgun I bought 35 years ago still have it.

Spot on. AT first the guy kind of made me irritable but then I became very curious as to what he was even meant.
I love the 1911 first large handgun I bought 35 years ago still have it.
I love any gun steeped in history. 1911's, Garands, early Winchesters....and while they are still functional they're not most folks first choice compared to more modern weapons. They are however a marvel of American engineering and design and fun to shoot.

I carry a DAO Kahr .45 every day. Snobby, elitist 1911 purist guy may not like it, anymore than he would the Mini-14/Eotech behind the bedroom door, but there's a better mousetrap these days.

I have had 2 Sigs, 3 Colts, 1 Remington rand, 1Taurus, 5 Kimbers, ect..............Purist, who gives a ****!. Sounds like a idiot that doesn't know the function of a weapon. I meet them all the time. Don't even give it another thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my 1911's recently had a baby....
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_09_22_2d50b782a381bfb640a2777fc94d29dc.jpg

Most self proclaimed purists are talking about the slide profile and external extractor that turns them off about a Sig 1911. As much as I love 1911's I tend to be the same way when it comes to the ones I've owned but would never call a Sig inferior because of the differences.

well its your gun and you can all it anything that you want I guess!
It is a rough browning design but I think the thumb safety operates differently and the trigger is a pivoting trigger not a slide trigger.
Doesn't have a bushing for the barrel?
IT is certainly a different configuration of the original 1911 design but then a lot of them are now.

Not to start a war, but someone today scoffed at my Sig Sauer 1911 saying "no offense" but I am a purist when it comes to 1911s.
Now I became more curious as the day waned is that purist as in WW1 1911...whats constitutes a purist?
As John Browning originally designed it?
Internal versus external extractor?

I am really curious.

Sounds like you ran into a pure moron. I do prefer the round top slide to the Sig squared slide, but I really like the Sig profile slide on railed 1911s. Since both are a departure from the traditional, I think they look great together.

Also, Sigs happen to be made better than any of the other 1911s in the price range IMO. To me, they are the best production quality 1911 on the market in terms of fit and finish. Although, I will say that a couple have not run perfectly out of the box. It only takes very basic 1911 tuning to get them to run right, though. To someone that just wants something that runs out of the box, I suggest a Springfield loaded. To someone who is willing to perhaps (not always) put a little time into tuning it, I say go for a Sig. Sig CS will stand behind it and their turnaround is very fast.

Even JMB understood the evolution of design. I mean from the 1903 Colt to the Hi Power. If is was supposed to stay as designed, the P35 would have been unneeded, instead of revolutionizing the semi pistol lock up.

Back
Top Bottom