• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 Purist

I buy what I want. I don't ask for permission or acceptance from anyone.......well, my wife doesn't count. lol I do not have time to worry about what others think I should have and frankly, don't care about what they think. I believe firearms are a personal thing. There is no one firearm that fits everyone. But then, what do I know?

For 1911's I draw the line for the following:

1st and foremost - No bottom RAIL!!!!
2nd - I think you are stepping out of bounds with other than 45 acp - Don't tell anyone, I have a 10mm
3rd - Absolutely no double stack magazine
4th - No polymer 1911!!!
5th - NO DAO, what are you crazy - a 1911 in a double action only!!! you need help - mental help!!
I pretty much agree here. I don't buy traditional 19ll's with a rail. The one in that pic has one because it's part of the grip system and I wanted one for a light laser for home defense. Underneath it's all 1911. All I have to do is remove the grip and rail system and put the wood grips back on and loose the comp.
I did make an exception to that rule with my Remington R1 Hunter 6 inch long slide in 10mm. It has a rail. I pretty much blew all of your rules out the window with that one. LOL Out of the four I have bought the Remy is the only one with a rail cause you can't get one without it. I like the clean lines of a 1911 without the rail. However, I do like DAO on mine.

I buy what I want. I don't ask for permission or acceptance from anyone.......well, my wife doesn't count. lol I do not have time to worry about what others think I should have and frankly, don't care about what they think. I believe firearms are a personal thing. There is no one firearm that fits everyone. But then, what do I know?
You know a lot. Guns are just like cars. They all feel and handle differently . What's comfortable to you may be uncomfortable for me .

When it comes to 1911s a sig is last on my list . If I'm getting a sig I want a p226. If I'm wanting a 1911 then let's roll with the colt . That's just me though. I don't care for 1911s . I've always been more of an HK guy .

Reactions: JWC
Back
Top Bottom