• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 Purist

I snagged one of your Sigs:
www.axial_photography.com_Real_Steel_Sig_TacOps_i_phHH97q_0_X2_Sig_20TacOps_201_X2.jpg
Resurrection, that sure is purtty!

I though that this thread looked familiar.....

I like most 1911's no longer have a Sig 1911
Do have a Norinco and a Remington Rand frame / colt slide old one.
I think thats all now...

Not to start a war, but someone today scoffed at my Sig Sauer 1911 saying "no offense" but I am a purist when it comes to 1911s.
Now I became more curious as the day waned is that purist as in WW1 1911...whats constitutes a purist?
As John Browning originally designed it?
Internal versus external extractor?

I am really curious.
A purest is someone who wants you to think they know more then you.
While I'm not a fan of external extractors and firing pin safeties in general, the thing that really turns me off to Sig 1911's is the slide profile. For me it's not so much about being a purist as it is the several thousand dollars of leather and kydex 1911 holsters I already own that don't fit it.
Humm???? My Sig dropped right into my 1911 Single Stack legal kydex holster.

My 1914, all original, except the BBL. Replaced at some point. Probably due to someone using some of that damned old PURIST ammo.

Attachments

• 1911.jpg
    1911.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 8
A purest is someone who wants you to think they know more then you.

Humm???? My Sig dropped right into my 1911 Single Stack legal kydex holster.

Because of how they're made some of the injection molded kydex stuff will fit, Bladetech, etc., but it's not even close in an actual molded holster like a Raven Concealment, etc.

For 1911's I draw the line for the following:

1st and foremost - No bottom RAIL!!!!
2nd - I think you are stepping out of bounds with other than 45 acp - Don't tell anyone, I have a 10mm
3rd - Absolutely no double stack magazine
4th - No polymer 1911!!!
5th - NO DAO, what are you crazy - a 1911 in a double action only!!! you need help - mental help!!

Back
Top Bottom