• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1968 Fairlane "Barn Find"

I rediscovered this Fairlane three years ago abandoned behind a mechanics shop. When I saw it, I knew it was the same car that, 15 years earlier, I had offered good $$ for. Long story-short....Car had a bunch of fun money spent on it but the owner (friend of mine) got killed in the recession also. He had sold everything he had except this car he had basically hidden over at a garage where it was dragged around back under a big Oak and basically forgotten-until I found it!

This is what it looked like 15 years ago after fresh paint, new interior and motor rebuild, American Racing 15 X 8's, new top etc...
View attachment 1125021

Bad Ass, right?

This is what I found...

View attachment 1125022

This is what she looked like when I towed it to the shop. It had been hit by lightning-which managed to weld up almost every electrical connection in the chassis. Went through the drivers C pillar bow, down and out of the rear end into the ground. Cut a twenty foot trench across the back lot out from under the car! The tires/wheels were toast from sitting two inches deep in red clay for years, tranny was ragged from sitting empty, but the car was there and I knew the potential.
rise up my ford brother from the ashes like a phoenix! she will be great again!

Amazing brother! For that car to have sat and got mistreated for so long, it looks like a straight car man! Love it!

Yeah, if you don't look to close as it goes by its a neat old boat LOL but the rockers are bleeding and she needs some love money spent on her. We'll see what happens over the next few years if I keep her. I still have about a thousand little dots from the tree dripping to scrape off. haven't buffed yet-found that the easiest way to get them off is a wet thumbnail but it wears you down after a couple hundred HA

Yeah, if you don't look to close as it goes by its a neat old boat LOL but the rockers are bleeding and she needs some love money spent on her. We'll see what happens over the next few years if I keep her. I still have about a thousand little dots from the tree dripping to scrape off. haven't buffed yet-found that the easiest way to get them off is a wet thumbnail but it wears you down after a couple hundred HA

Will a clay bar remove them?

Yeah I see the sap! I know it does! Hahahaha! Can they be buffed out with a buffer?

How's do ya think a clay bar work on the spots ?

Back
Top Bottom