• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1968 Suburban w/ ambulance package project.

Waiting on some engine bay painting and undercarriage. Then moving to the engine shop probably before returning for touch up and wet sanding. Then interior time. I did get to finally see her in person.

Glove box door and gauge bezel are getting the satin black touch.

FEFB283A-B880-403B-A25E-3E1F7C2EE0D8.jpeg
AC39D4D3-CB69-4E3D-9F58-5ACBDFFF42F3.jpeg
6B8ECF35-11ED-469E-8DF7-D6B186EA0D13.jpeg
95E2DBBA-FA1F-4D46-95A6-6F4A68FE392D.jpeg
B9D975BD-E030-41DE-89AF-B92978FDECCD.jpeg
8D64B7CC-5FD4-4404-9C13-AA0C40AB91AA.jpeg
0D705BDB-338C-4130-8856-BE81A68E419F.jpeg
9F4DD2F0-B313-4A92-8ED5-5ED2D0B1F59D.jpeg

Lookin’ good!
Keep up the progress reports.

Thanks. Seems a lot closer, but so much to still be done. Engine is getting the same 2 tone touch. Also adding the two tone to the seats.

Going to do wood in the back instead of a headliner, and adding 180 sqft of 80 mil sound deadening material. Really can’t wait to be driving it, but who knows when.

You're making TV land progress. What takes most years, you're doing in days/weeks. Should consider a YouTube channel and some monetization. Make some passive income with it as you go.

Would be fun to make a channel one day. I normally do a lot of my own wrenching, but I’m this one I’m playing project manager. Currently the suburban is at 3 different shops. Was ar 4 but the machine shop finished their work. Been fun finding, the right people at good prices. Mostly I search for people who enjoy the project and try to use their recommendations as much as possible. My vision, but it’s a team effort. I also don’t waiver on decisions. Decide and move on. For the motor shop I had every part needed delivered and organized for them a month in advance. No waiting for part delays or trying to figure out which part to order. A lot of fun, and hopefully will turn out well.

Would be fun to make a channel one day. I normally do a lot of my own wrenching, but I’m this one I’m playing project manager. Currently the suburban is at 3 different shops. Was ar 4 but the machine shop finished their work. Been fun finding, the right people at good prices. Mostly I search for people who enjoy the project and try to use their recommendations as much as possible. My vision, but it’s a team effort. I also don’t waiver on decisions. Decide and move on. For the motor shop I had every part needed delivered and organized for them a month in advance. No waiting for part delays or trying to figure out which part to order. A lot of fun, and hopefully will turn out well.
I'm digging it! That color with the blackout trim is perfect. She's a beaut now but I'm sure will be a show stopper when done.
I've been eyeing that LS swap Chev you have listed by the way. Just have to have 4 wheel drive is the only thing that's kept me from it.

I'm digging it! That color with the blackout trim is perfect. She's a beaut now but I'm sure will be a show stopper when done.
I've been eyeing that LS swap Chev you have listed by the way. Just have to have 4 wheel drive is the only thing that's kept me from it.

I understand that, but I love the way it drives. Feels like an old truck drives almost better than a new one. 6.0l power in a truck that weighs a lot less.

Black out trim was a curveball caused by the sand blaster. He didn’t remove the trim like asked. Had no choice but to replace it or paint it. She’ll be a mild budget beauty. Not throwing the bank at it, but not skipping out either. Working hard to find the right people at the right price and spending money on parts and accessories necessary to do it right.

Back
Top Bottom