• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1992 maybe 1993 Mighty Max engine compatibility question

I have a 1987 Dodge Raider, which is really a Montero and it has the 4 CYL. I thought about converting to this engine to get the 6 cylinder. The 1989 Raiders had the 6 cylinder. I never realized so many cars had the 6. Maybe I will look into it further....

Is the 93 Raider you are looking at a Mitsubishi Raider pickup? I think the Dodge Raider was only made 87-89 and only the 89 had a 6 cylinder.

Its kinda of weird Mitsubishi made the Raider for Dodge in the late 80s and then later named a truck "Raider"

Ain't no way in hell I'd put a Ford motor in there!

They make some good stuff but everytime i touch one, it dies a quick and painful death.

Also it's a 4wd and I'm not looking to retrofit everything.

I have a 1987 Dodge Raider, which is really a Montero and it has the 4 CYL. I thought about converting to this engine to get the 6 cylinder. The 1989 Raiders had the 6 cylinder. I never realized so many cars had the 6. Maybe I will look into it further....

Is the 93 Raider you are looking at a Mitsubishi Raider pickup? I think the Dodge Raider was only made 87-89 and only the 89 had a 6 cylinder.

Its kinda of weird Mitsubishi made the Raider for Dodge in the late 80s and then later named a truck "Raider"

I have no idea if it's branded Mitsubishi or dodge. It's at McKenzie auto salvage. I've picked up a motor from them before and had good luck.

I have no idea if it's branded Mitsubishi or dodge. It's at McKenzie auto salvage. I've picked up a motor from them before and had good luck.
It should work. The Raider is a Mitsubishi rebadged as a Dodge, essentially a two door Montero. The Dodge D50 small truck from the same era is also a rebadged Mitsubishi.

I picked up a Mighty Max built in August 1992 with a smoke machine for a motor. This thing would make James Bond jealous, not even a ninja could penetrate the clouds behind this monster! In its current state, it isn't exactly the stealth hunting truck I am looking for.

It appears to be a 3.0 sohc engine. Does anyone know what donor vehicles would have a compatible engine? Looking for one that came out of a mighty max has proven largely fruitless.

The 8th digit in the vin is H.

Thanks!!
look into acme adapters. they may make one to drop a tdi vw diesel in it. my wife has a diesel 5 speed bug that gets over 750 miles per tank. the older jettas can be had cheep and the mechanical injection models are a simple hook up.
i am hunting for a nice nissan 720 king cab 2wd body to do the swap...

i havent been out there in 5-10 years. got tired of them telling
me they had something would drive out spend an hour
looking around then go home empty handed.

Back
Top Bottom