• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1st Major News Story

Gulf War, Rodney King, Clinton, Hurricane Andrew. The main thing I remember was the Braves going worst to 1st!

LOL
58C40D3E-499D-4F17-8340-5FCDE96C2A8A[1].jpeg

Challenger spaceship I had just turned 5 the previous month
Remember it on the TV and was one of my first definitive memories for sure

I remember sitting with my Mom and Grandmother while listening to the news of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. I was four years old when that happened.

I vagely remember watching the nightly news with Dad when the Watergate scandal was going on. I didn't understand it. I thought it had something to do with a dam or hydroelectric power.

The 1979 Iran hostage crisis (Islam fundamentalists taking over our embassy and seizing our people as hostages) was a story I followed closely. I really hoped that newly-elected President Reagan would just declare war on Iran and wipe them out, even if it meant all the hostages being killed.
If you Eff with the United States that way, you should expect to die and all your cities blown to rubble and all of your military personnel killed, all of your leaders gathered up and hanged en masse . That's what should've happened and would've happened if America had been a great country instead of having that sissy Jimmy Carter running things.

I should remember earlier stuff the one thing that sticks out in my mind is the Soviet shooting down of Korean flight 007
I was with my mom when they were blaming the Russians and mom thought it was the end! Took me shopping to buy whatever I wanted and then out to eat wher ever I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom