• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

200 yard rimfire shoot

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
OK all you super snipers come shoot this Saturday with me in Dawsonville.
200 yard rimfire yes rimfire. That includes you fast shootin 17's. This is a great match put on by great guys at the River bend Gun Club.
Here is a link to the match description.
The picture at the bottom is me shooting a 1929 Winchester 52. This go around I am shooting a Remington 513 Iron sights.
I have emailed the match director to be sure but I think you can use bipod or a rest too.
http://rbgc.org/200YardRimfire/200YardRF.html

When i started shooting NRA small bore, I was really surprised how much .22LR drops at 100 yards... I'm not too sure about 200 yards. Sure would be challenging!

about 45 inches. They post one target on top of the other so you can aim at the top one if you do not have enough elevation on your sight or scope. It is not the drop that's the problem it is the wind!

That sounds like fun, wouldn't mind trying it myself. I also shoot a Remington 513-T but 100 yards is about my limit. I couldn't even see the targets at 200 yards with iron sights.

Match was great! I think there was 15 shooting, 3 relays. Everyone got their first match in before the wind got bad. I was scoring for a guy who missed a clean 200 with a 9 out the top at 12o'clock. He made it look so easy. That was with iron sights. Albeit they were extremely high tech ones. I shot bottom of the group I think with a 488 out of 600.Still 81%. My shooting was not to blame but my wind reading was. I just held center and shot. Wind reading is a skill that takes a lot of rounds down range to master. Next one is first weekend in November I think.

Thanks for the update! What ammo were you shooting? Was one ammo manufacturer more popular than another?

Keep us updated on the November match. Would like to try my hand.

I shot CCI Green Tag the first match and the second and third strings I shot Gemtech. Most of the others were shooting more expensive Eley or Lapua. I shot the Gemtech ( a new round designed for suppressor use) because it is a 42 grain bullet. Most .22 lr are 40 grain. I was hoping the extra weight would help in bucking the wind. I really do not shoot well enough to be able to say if it did or not but my best 20 round match/string was with the Gemtech.

Back
Top Bottom