2000 Impala keeps shutting off.

I had a 2001 that would do the same thing. Everything pointed to the crankshaft position sensor. I removed and replaced the sensor which was a mild pain in the butt. Afterward I could never get the car to start the internal security system looked out the ignition. After spending a lot of money and getting nowhere I sold it to a friend for scrap, he tried for a year to get it to run with no luck. He finally sold it for scrap. Good luck

WOW, my mom in law has the same car, with the same problem.......somebody figure this out please, cause I'm tired of having to go get her off the side of the road! I get there after its sat for a while, try it and it starts right up! Sub'd for a resolution!

I had a similar issue. It ended up being the distributor. I eventually got tired of trying and failing to fix it doing some of the things you mentioned and gave it to the mechanic. He had to keep it three days before it was figured out.

Those years also had crank sensor issues. And computers. With it running tap on the computer and the crank
sensor and see if it will cut off.

Back
Top Bottom